No video to this one. Do we need visuals? Not when it’s this good; my favourite track of Brighton-based contemporary ska heads, Dakka Skanks.
They’re lively, diverse, lots of fun, and I think we’ll be hearing a lot more from them in the near future.
If the Duallers have reached a pivotal point akin to the Specials, and Death of Guitar Pop are providing the tongue-in-cheek Madness equivalent, I believe these guys could be The Beat of this era, as there was a band unafraid to experiment.
Dakka Skanks are majorly ska, but throw a lovable but carefree punk attitude, and a wide range of other influences, such as soul, into the melting pot, and concoct something uniquely entertaining.
Very good. Carry on….
- Pretty in Pink Longcoats!
- Reggae Perfection; Winds of Matterhorn
- Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead
- Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at Stonehenge
- Song of the Day 34: Jon Amor
- Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close Campaign
- Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole
- Horses of the Gods; We Wish You Health
- McDonalds Coming to Devizes….
- Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!