Can you go twice on our Song of the Day feature? No, certainly not, one shot is all, get over it!
Wha? Cabin fever, me? Getting tetchy, perpetual rain the only visible sign of spring, going to need Google maps to locate my local pub if it ever gets back to normal, whatever normal is, been so long, forgotten, might need retraining in how to order a pint… ah, okay, point taken. I’m calm….
Here we go with the brilliant Big Ship Alliance reggae band, who may’ve had a Song of Day before but hey, when you hear this you’ll realise why I’m making the exception to my steadfast iron ruling.
My Life, it’s called, featuring Mitchell Joseph Thompson, and the Alliance introduces us to the incredible Kiano Taylee. At 13, it’s an emotive and sentimental debut single, capturing teenage anguish, bullying and family issues which bear heavy on modern youth. Moving stuff.
For the record, I was young once too, you know. But, don’t let me get started on my memoirs, it’s a longwinded tale of nothingness but reading the Beano and eating spaghetti hoops. But, that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- Pretty in Pink Longcoats!Bath’s young indie-pop favourites, Longcoats has a forthcoming belter of a single, with a generous slice of retrospection; you may admire them again today. As … Continue reading “Pretty in Pink Longcoats!”
- Reggae Perfection; Winds of MatterhornAgain, we find ourselves in the most unsuspecting part of the world to find the perfect reggae sound, Switzerland. Fruits Records release Winds of Matterhorn … Continue reading “Reggae Perfection; Winds of Matterhorn”
- Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor YellowheadThe Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole Chapter Four: in which our heroes awake in unusual circumstances. Recap: Can you stop asking me for a recap, … Continue reading “Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead”
- Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at StonehengeWith the green light given for the A303 tunnel at Stonehenge, the lockdown restrictions at winter solstice and EH’s solstice parking fee demands, it’s understandable … Continue reading “Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at Stonehenge”
- Song of the Day 34: Jon AmorHere’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost … Continue reading “Song of the Day 34: Jon Amor”
- Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close CampaignIt has been some time since we’ve covered the disgraceful fiasco at Rowde’s Furlong Close, where residents with learning disabilities face closure of the HFT … Continue reading “Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close Campaign”
- Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional PotholeChapter Three: in which our intrepid heroes arrive in Davizes, stop for refreshments and move onwards to face the mighty potholes of the A342. Recap: … Continue reading “Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole”
- Horses of the Gods; We Wish You HealthI once reviewed a cassette with a photocopied punk-paste zine style picture of Mr Blobby as the cover, where a distraught male voice screeched, “take … Continue reading “Horses of the Gods; We Wish You Health”
- McDonalds Coming to Devizes….Yes, you read it right, it’s been confirmed in a Devizes Town Council Zoom meeting this week, permission has been granted after decades of rejections, … Continue reading “McDonalds Coming to Devizes….”
- Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!It’s not just me, is it? Eighteen seconds into the Cult’s She Sells Sanctuary, you know, when it breaks, and you’re like, that’s it, right … Continue reading “Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!”