My classic excuses don’t wash in an online era; the dog ate my Song of the Day blogpost, I’m certain I put it in my bag when I left school, bull like that.
I know, right. It’s been a while since my last Song of the Day, a post I promised on a daily basis but failed, miserably. I got nothing, no excuse that’ll wash. But the moment you hear this tune from John Smith and Jolyon Dixon, the duo known as Illingworth, you’ll understand the need to bring it back.
They’re the Kenco of local music, instantly, each new song comes across as a rock classic, sounding as if it’s always been swimming around in your head.
But Man Made of Glass is emotionally topical and contemporary. Just, go on, have a listen, and I might be persuaded to realign my promise to bring you a song of the day each day, else I’ll have to change the title to song of the month, which is a bit lack lusture of me.
Pulling my finger out, if you’re looking for someone to blame; Netflix. There, it’s out there. Why has every fair idea got to be flipping twelve season series of 200 episodes each, consisting of a drawn-out narrative a better writer could’ve concluded in a hour and half movie? For God’s sake, bring back live music!
Anyway, I’m waffling, feel free to stop me; that’s my song of the day. Very good, carry on….
- The Strange Case of the Bin-Like War MemorialA Devizes resident, Simon Frankland on a Sunday stroll with his dog, stops to take a snap of an odd concrete rectangle on the grass … Continue reading “The Strange Case of the Bin-Like War Memorial”
- Survival of the Friendliest with Beans on ToastAnother year, another birthday for Jay McAllister, aptly codenamed Beans on Toast. Staying true to his birthday tradition, he’s opened a new tin, and this … Continue reading “Survival of the Friendliest with Beans on Toast”
- Webb Dreams of a White ChristmasIf we had a lot to say about Webbs’ head-turning metal EP Disenchanted, back in August, there’s a version of Irving Berlin’s classic, White Christmas … Continue reading “Webb Dreams of a White Christmas”
- Wiltshire to Freeze in Ice Age Temperatures, Especially Devizes!We’ve teamed up with Wiltshire Live to bring you this clickbait and vastly overemphasised weather warning exclusive.…. The MET Office (MET stands for my exaggerated … Continue reading “Wiltshire to Freeze in Ice Age Temperatures, Especially Devizes!”
- Wiltshire Blues & Soul Club Brings Blues Royalty to DevizesIf local media are reporting tomorrow’s arrival of the Duchess of Cornwall to Devizes, here to browse Wiltshire Museum’s Ravilious Downland Man exhibition, and erm, … Continue reading “Wiltshire Blues & Soul Club Brings Blues Royalty to Devizes”
- Thieves Break into Ambulance in DevizesDevizes-based event medical company, GWP reported their rapid response vehicle was broken into over the weekend, and approximately £1,000 worth of vital lifesaving equipment and … Continue reading “Thieves Break into Ambulance in Devizes”
- The Allergies Rock Da Muck & Dunder HouseImages by Chris Dunn of Inscope Design Got my groove thang on at the Muck & Dunder, Saturday, with help from The Allergies; yeah, I … Continue reading “The Allergies Rock Da Muck & Dunder House”
- Chatting With The Lost TradesLocal newspapers ran with a yarn of snow blizzards, due Saturday, and illustrated the clickbait with scenes of worst weather of yore. The laughable reality … Continue reading “Chatting With The Lost Trades”
- REVIEW – Antonio Forcione @ LSBC, Devizes – Saturday 27th November 2021Italian Jazz Guitarist Andy Fawthrop This was the third Long Street Blues Club weekend gig on the bounce for me. Following Gerry Jablonski Band two … Continue reading “REVIEW – Antonio Forcione @ LSBC, Devizes – Saturday 27th November 2021”
- Cracking DOCA Christmas Festival on Fridayby T.B.D Rose Finally, after a missed year (best to write 2020 off the map) our Christmas festival was back on Friday and as illuminating … Continue reading “Cracking DOCA Christmas Festival on Friday”