Give or take a week, it’s been two years since Devizes Corn Exchange reverberated rock n roll when Liverpool’s entertainer Asa Murphy presented his Buddy Holly tribute show. An amazing fundraising night, in dedication to local music hero Bruce Hopkins, the show had perfect renditions of Buddy’s songs wrapped in a simple narrative to set the scenes, and by the end, Age Concern need not be called as young and old, the audience danced in the aisles!
Deja-vu on many preview pieces we wrote about this time last year, including announcing Asa set to return without the Buddy specs in April with a variety performance and handpicked guest appearances.
Obviously and sadly, it couldn’t be, but I’m pleased to now re-announce the Corn Exchange is booked for this show on October 16th, and will feature the original lineup; superb sixties singer, Sandy Collins and Lennie Anderson, an excellent comic.
Tickets are on sale at Devizes Books, which you can call to secure your seats until the shop is bookshop is open again for business.
For more details you could check last year’s preview, by clicking here; saves me writing it all again, but don’t look directly at the old date, look around that date and concentrate your mind on October 16th 2021! Oh, and I hope to see you there!
- Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul CombinationHey you, with the comb in your back pocket, imagine if the Brand New Heavies were signed by Motown in 1964, and you’d be a … Continue reading “Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul Combination”
- Talk in Code; Young Loves DreamersSet to release their new single ‘Young Loves Dream’ on Friday 11th February across all digital platforms, Talk in Code are rinsing their inimitable and … Continue reading “Talk in Code; Young Loves Dreamers”
- Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s DevizesIf there’s one venue I’m delighted to pen an event preview for, this new year, it has to be St Mary’s Church in Devizes. The … Continue reading “Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s Devizes”
- Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With StimulusIf the brilliant evening with The Allergies at Devizes’ Muck & Dundar this month did anything more than cause me to dance my socks off, … Continue reading “Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With Stimulus”
- Baber and Wileman set to ChillMeditatively strap yourself into a comfy recliner, as under his pseudonym Karda Estra, Swindon’s prolific experimental virtuoso Richard Wileman is in collaboration with Sanguine Hum … Continue reading “Baber and Wileman set to Chill”
- Devizes Town Band to Head on a Fantastic JourneyFor their first outing of the year, Devizes Town Band plan to get all Phileas Fogg and beyond, taking the Corn Exchange on a fantastic … Continue reading “Devizes Town Band to Head on a Fantastic Journey”
- Stormtrooper in a Teacup at Devizes Town CouncilA Saturday afternoon, I’m trying to watch the new Boba Fett Star Wars series here, and what’s more important, I ask you; me being fair … Continue reading “Stormtrooper in a Teacup at Devizes Town Council”
- Can you Help Teddy?What better way to start the new year off than helping a doggie with a hole in his heart? Teddy the golden cockapoo, and owner … Continue reading “Can you Help Teddy?”
- Devizine Review of 2021; Marginally Better than 2020!If we recently reviewed Ian Diddams and friends meeting at the Vaults for their annual festive Jackanory, the first article of 2021 was the very … Continue reading “Devizine Review of 2021; Marginally Better than 2020!”
- Jon Amor to Take Up Sunday Residency at The SouthgateFeatured images by Nick Padmore I still remember landlord Deborah’s face aglow some years back, when she told me Devizes blues legend Jon Amor was … Continue reading “Jon Amor to Take Up Sunday Residency at The Southgate”