My classic excuses don’t wash in an online era; the dog ate my Song of the Day blogpost, I’m certain I put it in my bag when I left school, bull like that.
I know, right. It’s been a while since my last Song of the Day, a post I promised on a daily basis but failed, miserably. I got nothing, no excuse that’ll wash. But the moment you hear this tune from John Smith and Jolyon Dixon, the duo known as Illingworth, you’ll understand the need to bring it back.
They’re the Kenco of local music, instantly, each new song comes across as a rock classic, sounding as if it’s always been swimming around in your head.
But Man Made of Glass is emotionally topical and contemporary. Just, go on, have a listen, and I might be persuaded to realign my promise to bring you a song of the day each day, else I’ll have to change the title to song of the month, which is a bit lack lusture of me.
Pulling my finger out, if you’re looking for someone to blame; Netflix. There, it’s out there. Why has every fair idea got to be flipping twelve season series of 200 episodes each, consisting of a drawn-out narrative a better writer could’ve concluded in a hour and half movie? For God’s sake, bring back live music!
Anyway, I’m waffling, feel free to stop me; that’s my song of the day. Very good, carry on….
- Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s BizzleThis is isn’t the favoured way to start a review, but this is idiot music for stupid people, if you think this is stupid then … Continue reading “Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s Bizzle”
- For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New FestivalPlanned for Saturday 28th August, from midday until 10pm, an all-day festival in Swindon’s Town Gardens will be getting Swindon rockin’, and it’s all in … Continue reading “For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New Festival”
- Daisy’s Good Luck SongsIf I learned to take heed of Sheer Music chief promoter Kieran J Moore, when he Facebook posts about a new local discovery on a … Continue reading “Daisy’s Good Luck Songs”
- Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!Rude girls grito! Far from home perhaps, but so, so worth mentioning for tropical vibes of rock steady and ska in a fashion proportionately you’ll … Continue reading “Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!”
- Longcoats Get DancingOpps, near-on delayed a month due to the amount of work involved with promoting our Julia’s House album, other stuff going on, and generally slacking … Continue reading “Longcoats Get Dancing”
- Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final CountdownLong overdue is the last third of our detailed track-listing for the compilation album, Various Artists 4Julia’s House, like most things on Devizine at the … Continue reading “Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final Countdown”
- Was a TwoManTing at the SouthgateManaged to make it somewhere between out and Micky Flanagan’s out-out last night. In other words, I didn’t change out of my manky khaki shorts … Continue reading “Was a TwoManTing at the Southgate”
- Gull Able Part 2Continuing from last week, here’s the second episode of our crime-drama, Gull Able…. if only Netflix was reading this we’d have ourselves a hit series … Continue reading “Gull Able Part 2”
- Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date … Continue reading “Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!”
- Congratulations to the Award-Winning British LionGenerally, the hospitality industry is cutthroat and fast paced, a constant competition to keep up with trends and modern consumer behaviour. While Devizes is like … Continue reading “Congratulations to the Award-Winning British Lion”