A star-studded celebration of John Lennon’s music will be released this Summer in aid of War Child UK.
Originally recorded live in concert last year ‘DEAR JOHN – CONCERT FOR WAR CHILD UK’ will receive official digital release on 11th June 2021, with all proceeds going to the charity.
The record features a number of legendary artists from across the globe who came together virtually to celebrate what would have been the 80th birthday of The Beatles icon: John Lennon. Pledging their support for the renowned charity and hoping to inspire change, the recording features stunning renditions of Lennon classics as performed by Sepp Osley and his band Blurred Vision, alongside a glittering array of guest stars including MAXI JAZZ (Faithless), KT TUNSTALL, JOHN ILLSLEY (Dire Straits), NICK VAN EEDE (Cutting Crew), GOWAN (Styx), GRAHAM GOULDMAN (10CC), P.P. ARNOLD and many more.
The full track listing for the record is as follows:
‘DEAR JOHN – CONCERT FOR WAR CHILD UK’
1. STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER – BLURRED VISION
2. REAL LOVE – BLURRED VISION feat LAURA JEAN ANDERSON
3. DON’T LET ME DOWN – BLURRED VISION feat MOLLIE MARRIOTT
4. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE – GRAHAM GOULDMAN of 10CC
5. NORWEGIAN WOOD – NICK VAN EEDE of CUTTING CREW
6. POWER TO THE PEOPLE – MAXI JAZZ of FAITHLESS
7. TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS – GOWAN of STYX
8. DEAR JOHN – BLURRED VISION feat NICK VAN EEDE
9. A DAY IN THE LIFE – BLURRED VISION
10. GIMME SOME TRUTH – KT TUNSTALL
11. I’M ONLY SLEEPING – JOHN ILLSLEY of DIRE STRAITS
12. IMAGINE – P.P. ARNOLD & SEPP OSLEY
In 2019, a career-long dream to bring together a variety of artists to celebrate the music, the legacy, and the birthday of Beatle legend John Lennon came true for Sepp Osley and his up-and-coming band Blurred Vision. Hosted virtually mid-lockdown, the event would not only be a celebration of the iconic cultural figure, but also a fundraiser for the charity War Child, an organisation personally and deeply close to Osley’s heart.
Born in war torn Iran in the mid 80’s, Sepp escaped the war gripped country of his birth with his family, beginning a tumultuous journey through the ancient lands, onto Europe and finally settling in Canada. With this clarity and artistic spark, the band Blurred Vision was formed with his brother and former bandmate. After a string of successes with his band, Sepp hosted the first ‘Dear John concert in 2019, in which musicians came together for a charity night celebrating Lennon, his musical impact, and the message of love he advocated. Fast forward to 2020, when the world was in lockdown. With no possibility of live music in sight, tours Sepp turned attention to the 2nd Annual ‘Dear John’ Concert and the situation created by the Covid19 pandemic brought about the idea to take the show to an online platform in the year where virtual concerts became the norm.
“I began reaching out to artists around the world who I respected and admired,” says Sepp. “Before I knew it, an unbelievable roster of artists had signed up and were going to be a part of the 80th birthday celebrations for our mutual hero and help us raise money for the charity so close to my heart.”
What started as a hopeful, yet incredibly daunting endeavour turned into one of the most exciting concert productions of the year. Now in 2021, the 2nd Annual concert event is being turned into a digital charity album release. Featuring artists such as Laura Jean Anderson, John Illsley of Dire Straits, Maxi Jazz, and Sepp’s own band Blurred Vision, the album serves an addictive amalgamation of talent, in which fans can listen to discover musicians worldwide, relive the unforgettable performances of the classic Beatles and Lennon tracks, and raise funds for War Child UK in the process. ‘Dear John – Concert For War Child UK’ is a snippet of history now in audio form, that will live on for years to come.
‘DEAR JOHN – CONCERT FOR WAR CHILD UK’- RELEASED: 11TH JUNE 2021 ITUNES PRE ORDERS BEGIN: 5 MAY PRE-ORDER HERE
- Cobalt Fire’s ButterflyIn the words of the great Suggs, “but I like to stay in, and watch TV, on my own, every now and then,” after three … Continue reading “Cobalt Fire’s Butterfly”
- Billy Green’s GardenTo deal with my forgetfulness I have a to-do-list. The only issue with my to-do-list is I forget I started it; Billy Green released a … Continue reading “Billy Green’s Garden”
- George Ezra in…. Trowbridge!Dad’s taxi drops off, and the driver impatiently awaits his off-spring to exceed the bluetooth boundary; ha, I’ve got of my car stereo back. It’s … Continue reading “George Ezra in…. Trowbridge!”
- Live Jam Sessions at Swindon Hub Looking for MusiciansCentral at The Parade, Swindon Hub, an accessible, friendly community space which opened in October are aiming to host regular Saturday jamming sessions, to promote … Continue reading “Live Jam Sessions at Swindon Hub Looking for Musicians”
- Plein Air Painting at Bowood for Arts TogetherOn Saturday 2nd July 2022, there will be an exclusive chance to paint en plein air at Bowood House & Gardens in aid of Arts Together…. The … Continue reading “Plein Air Painting at Bowood for Arts Together”
- Crammer Watch Postcards; We Need Your HelpNext time you’re in Devizes town centre look out for the postcards in various shops and pubs. They’re not a wish you were here, more … Continue reading “Crammer Watch Postcards; We Need Your Help”
- Popped my Frome cherry; a Morning in a Somerset FreetownWithout certified limitations on Devizine, I freestyle the boundaries of listing events upon the ethos if it’s conceivable and practical to drive to from our … Continue reading “Popped my Frome cherry; a Morning in a Somerset Freetown”
- Music For a Royal Celebration at St Mary’s DevizesGet into the musical mood of the Platinum Jubilee with a concert in St Mary’s Church, Devizes, that showcases the Queen’s favourite music.… Talented sisters … Continue reading “Music For a Royal Celebration at St Mary’s Devizes”
- Marlborough’s Lamb Announce LambFestContrary to popular belief, particularly my kids, I was young once, and back in that iron age I used to live in a motte-and-bailey hillfort … Continue reading “Marlborough’s Lamb Announce LambFest”
- Wiltshire Council Leader Richard Clewer Condemns Election Results as “Very Concerning.”Ever wondered if our county council actually gives a hoot about you? Here’s window into the philosophy of Wiltshire Council leader Richard Clewer, his comments … Continue reading “Wiltshire Council Leader Richard Clewer Condemns Election Results as “Very Concerning.””