A star-studded celebration of John Lennon’s music will be released this Summer in aid of War Child UK.
Originally recorded live in concert last year ‘DEAR JOHN – CONCERT FOR WAR CHILD UK’ will receive official digital release on 11th June 2021, with all proceeds going to the charity.
The record features a number of legendary artists from across the globe who came together virtually to celebrate what would have been the 80th birthday of The Beatles icon: John Lennon. Pledging their support for the renowned charity and hoping to inspire change, the recording features stunning renditions of Lennon classics as performed by Sepp Osley and his band Blurred Vision, alongside a glittering array of guest stars including MAXI JAZZ (Faithless), KT TUNSTALL, JOHN ILLSLEY (Dire Straits), NICK VAN EEDE (Cutting Crew), GOWAN (Styx), GRAHAM GOULDMAN (10CC), P.P. ARNOLD and many more.
The full track listing for the record is as follows:
‘DEAR JOHN – CONCERT FOR WAR CHILD UK’
1. STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER – BLURRED VISION
2. REAL LOVE – BLURRED VISION feat LAURA JEAN ANDERSON
3. DON’T LET ME DOWN – BLURRED VISION feat MOLLIE MARRIOTT
4. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE – GRAHAM GOULDMAN of 10CC
5. NORWEGIAN WOOD – NICK VAN EEDE of CUTTING CREW
6. POWER TO THE PEOPLE – MAXI JAZZ of FAITHLESS
7. TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS – GOWAN of STYX
8. DEAR JOHN – BLURRED VISION feat NICK VAN EEDE
9. A DAY IN THE LIFE – BLURRED VISION
10. GIMME SOME TRUTH – KT TUNSTALL
11. I’M ONLY SLEEPING – JOHN ILLSLEY of DIRE STRAITS
12. IMAGINE – P.P. ARNOLD & SEPP OSLEY
In 2019, a career-long dream to bring together a variety of artists to celebrate the music, the legacy, and the birthday of Beatle legend John Lennon came true for Sepp Osley and his up-and-coming band Blurred Vision. Hosted virtually mid-lockdown, the event would not only be a celebration of the iconic cultural figure, but also a fundraiser for the charity War Child, an organisation personally and deeply close to Osley’s heart.
Born in war torn Iran in the mid 80’s, Sepp escaped the war gripped country of his birth with his family, beginning a tumultuous journey through the ancient lands, onto Europe and finally settling in Canada. With this clarity and artistic spark, the band Blurred Vision was formed with his brother and former bandmate. After a string of successes with his band, Sepp hosted the first ‘Dear John concert in 2019, in which musicians came together for a charity night celebrating Lennon, his musical impact, and the message of love he advocated. Fast forward to 2020, when the world was in lockdown. With no possibility of live music in sight, tours Sepp turned attention to the 2nd Annual ‘Dear John’ Concert and the situation created by the Covid19 pandemic brought about the idea to take the show to an online platform in the year where virtual concerts became the norm.
“I began reaching out to artists around the world who I respected and admired,” says Sepp. “Before I knew it, an unbelievable roster of artists had signed up and were going to be a part of the 80th birthday celebrations for our mutual hero and help us raise money for the charity so close to my heart.”
What started as a hopeful, yet incredibly daunting endeavour turned into one of the most exciting concert productions of the year. Now in 2021, the 2nd Annual concert event is being turned into a digital charity album release. Featuring artists such as Laura Jean Anderson, John Illsley of Dire Straits, Maxi Jazz, and Sepp’s own band Blurred Vision, the album serves an addictive amalgamation of talent, in which fans can listen to discover musicians worldwide, relive the unforgettable performances of the classic Beatles and Lennon tracks, and raise funds for War Child UK in the process. ‘Dear John – Concert For War Child UK’ is a snippet of history now in audio form, that will live on for years to come.
‘DEAR JOHN – CONCERT FOR WAR CHILD UK’- RELEASED: 11TH JUNE 2021 ITUNES PRE ORDERS BEGIN: 5 MAY PRE-ORDER HERE
- Stockwell, Storm Jae and Nory Can’t Come HomeIt’s not every day we hear a quintessentially hip-hop track with the magnitude of enriching classic rock riffs, say, as Gerry Rafferty’s Baker Street or … Continue reading “Stockwell, Storm Jae and Nory Can’t Come Home”
- Wiltshire’s Most Expensive Laugh; Seedy Out of the PCC Race!Two opinion pieces from me in as many days; you lucky, lucky people! What I wouldn’t give to have two lofty opinion pieces from Devizine … Continue reading “Wiltshire’s Most Expensive Laugh; Seedy Out of the PCC Race!”
- A Trowbridge Kitchen Sink Drama; Sitting TenantsWednesday, racing down to the newsagent on the corner on my Rayleigh Tomahawk, fifteen pee in sweaty palm. Pick up my Beano, six pence left … Continue reading “A Trowbridge Kitchen Sink Drama; Sitting Tenants”
- Wiltshire Lays all its Eggs in the Same BasketYou’ve done it now, it’s too late for reason. My reaction to the local election results coming in; you really want to hear it?! It’s … Continue reading “Wiltshire Lays all its Eggs in the Same Basket”
- Brainiac 5’s Other DimensionAnd it is precisely that. Cornish psych-punkers The Brainiac 5 release this mind-blowing album of both reflective new tunes and lost archived tracks, today. Another … Continue reading “Brainiac 5’s Other Dimension”
- Sheer Reveal Frank Turner at Cheese & GrainTo celebrate the release of his new single “the Gathering,” featuring Jason Isbell and Muse’s Dom Howard, multi-award-winning Frank Turner, one of the UK’s most … Continue reading “Sheer Reveal Frank Turner at Cheese & Grain”
- Save Furlong Close Campaigners Protest in RowdeRowde villagers joined for a socially distanced and peaceful protest today, in the centre of the village to show their support for the Save Furlong … Continue reading “Save Furlong Close Campaigners Protest in Rowde”
- Salem Announce National Tour with Sheer Hosting Swindon’s Vic GigThere’s something indefinitely old school punk about Salem, with nods to pop-punk, goth and rockabilly, hoisting them to the absolute top of their scene. No … Continue reading “Salem Announce National Tour with Sheer Hosting Swindon’s Vic Gig”
- Can You Help Calne Central Youth & Community Centre Raise Funds to Keep it Going?Calne in Tune stated their activities in 2013. In 2015 a handful of Musicians, Artists & Crafters at Calne in Tune decided they needed a … Continue reading “Can You Help Calne Central Youth & Community Centre Raise Funds to Keep it Going?”
- State of the Thing; a Monthly Guide to Last and This Coming Month of DevizineParticularly crucial at this point, in the midst of this “roadmap” out of lockdown, for me to consider writing a monthly post outlining where we’re … Continue reading “State of the Thing; a Monthly Guide to Last and This Coming Month of Devizine”