Look, right, I’m not at the top yet, but it’s in clear sight. A round number, of the half century kind, awaits me atop the hill, and there’s no stopping the ride to get off.
I guess reaching these milestone ages causes you to analyse your life somewhat, and if there’s one thing I do know in all my years, it’s that I’ve told some colossal pork pies. Some real stinkers. I don’t know why, other than occupational hazard as a journalist, I’ve no excuses, not one which will wash with you clever lot.
Whether it be for the prestige, the glory, or, sometimes just for the sheer hell of it, just because the golden opportunity arose and I couldn’t stop myself, they just slipped out.
I’m not proud, just saying, you know, get it off my chest. Not compulsively, though, I’d go as far to say the majority of what I say is true.
Why do people say, “I’ll be honest with you…” ? Well duh, I sincerely hope you do anyway, it should go without saying. But the phrase immediately raises the alarm; I’m guessing a whopper is on its way. I never use that phrase on principle. The principle I don’t trust myself to keep to it.
See, what with the whopper, the real damaging kind of fib. I consider my track record on that quite good, I tend to lie to big myself up, but not to put others down. I tend to lie to make light of a situation, rather than darken the notion. I tend not to lie to anyone I trust not to lie to me, and I’ve seen too many of them backfire anyway, so, I’m done with lies, filled my quota but retain decency in not being overly destructive with them; quantity not quality!
And anyway, I don’t lie here, cos I trust you all, I really do. This isnt a tabloid, this is me. Clearly you get what you see, which might be a waffling clown but, hey.
So, Harmony, from Chippenham, on the subject of liars; she’s not singing about me, no sir, not when I say with all the honesty left in me, this young singer-songwriter I’ve discovered via Sheer music, has got something really special. And even if I was lying, which I’m not, I’ve shared the video, to prove it.
And that’s Song of the Day, for the third day. It’s become a popular feature, overnight, honest.
Should you choose to believe that!
Have a lovely rest of your day. Very good. Carry on….
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 7th – June 2023
- CSF Professional Wrestling returns to Devizes
- Local Artist Clifton Powell Commissioned by King Charles for Windrush Portrait
- REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival – Texas Tick Fever @ Three Crowns, Devizes, 4th June 2023
- Ajay Srivastav at Devizes Arts Festival
- 41 Fords Park Up at The Southgate
- REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival – Sir Willard White @ Corn Exchange, Devizes, 3rd June 2023
- REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival – Sue Stockdale @ St. John’s Assembly Room, Devizes 3rd June 2023
- REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival – Tango Calor @ Town Hall, Devizes 2nd June 2023
- Film Review: Translations