Sunday off, broke my promise to post a song of the day, everyday. Allow me to make up for it. Bristol’s Mr Tea & the Minions with a lockdown themed song. See how sublimely they fire a frenzy of folk and Balkan styled ska-punk into festival proportions. I think they’re the hottest bands around these parts, and fondly reviewed the album, Mutiny a while ago. Just a reminder today then, these kids have it.
I made enquiries, wanting to bring them to Devizes. It’s no cheap option and obviously currently off the cards.
The reservation is that just because I’m loving this style, it might too radical for a Devizes audience. So, I’d appreciate some feedback; would you have paid a purple one to see them play in our town?
Fingers crossed, we live for a better day. But I believe lobbying a large Devizes venue to bring contemporary music direct to us, just occasionally, is crucial to the culture diversity we should be delving into.
Have a lovely rest of your day. Very good. Carry on….
- Alex Roberts and Fly Yeti Fly @ The Barge HoneystreetBen Niamor First time for me in the barn venue, it’s a great space. Alex is no stranger to this … Continue reading “Alex Roberts and Fly Yeti Fly @ The Barge Honeystreet”
- Devizes Street Festival; Day OneIf I can, which I think is best after one too many visits to the Stealth bar, sum today in … Continue reading “Devizes Street Festival; Day One”
- Deadlight Dance: Innocent BeginningsMarlborough’s darkwave-goth duo, Deadlight Dance push their boundaries to new limits with their second single, Innocent Beginnings this week, and … Continue reading “Deadlight Dance: Innocent Beginnings”
- Nothing Rhymes With Orange have ButterfliesIf Lidl Shoes, April’s blast from our aspiring homegrown four-piece indie-punkers, Nothing Rhymes With Orange certainty raised the rafters with … Continue reading “Nothing Rhymes With Orange have Butterflies”
- Your Place, or Mine? Devizes Town Council Squabbles Over Meeting Venue!I’ve a mildly interesting word origin urban myth to bore you with before we begin on an opinion piece about … Continue reading “Your Place, or Mine? Devizes Town Council Squabbles Over Meeting Venue!”
- Song of the Week: Canute’s Plastic ArmySwindon’s acoustic Celtic folk duo Canute’s Plastic Army played the Southgate in Devizes last Saturday; though firmly on my never-ending … Continue reading “Song of the Week: Canute’s Plastic Army”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 24th-30th May 2023OMG, OMG, another bank holiday weekend coming up, who’s excited, who’s coming out to play?! Here’s what we’ve found this … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 24th-30th May 2023”
- Female of the Species Announce 2023 Date!For eight years on the trot, minus the lockdown year no one needs reminding of, local all-female supergroup, The Female … Continue reading “Female of the Species Announce 2023 Date!”
- Exploring Frome at Night; Does Every Town Need a Cheese and Grain?Finally crawled out of my Hobbit-hole this weekend after a shilly-shallying period of making do with BGT on the telebox, … Continue reading “Exploring Frome at Night; Does Every Town Need a Cheese and Grain?”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-23rd May 2023Hey you, had one of those weeks so far, and need to blow off some steam?! I know I have, … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-23rd May 2023”