Sunday off, broke my promise to post a song of the day, everyday. Allow me to make up for it. Bristol’s Mr Tea & the Minions with a lockdown themed song. See how sublimely they fire a frenzy of folk and Balkan styled ska-punk into festival proportions. I think they’re the hottest bands around these parts, and fondly reviewed the album, Mutiny a while ago. Just a reminder today then, these kids have it.
I made enquiries, wanting to bring them to Devizes. It’s no cheap option and obviously currently off the cards.
The reservation is that just because I’m loving this style, it might too radical for a Devizes audience. So, I’d appreciate some feedback; would you have paid a purple one to see them play in our town?
Fingers crossed, we live for a better day. But I believe lobbying a large Devizes venue to bring contemporary music direct to us, just occasionally, is crucial to the culture diversity we should be delving into.
Have a lovely rest of your day. Very good. Carry on….
- Remembering Sinclair’s ZX SpectrumOkay, given the news of the sad passing of Sir Clive Sinclair last week, guaranteed you’ll see lots of photos … Continue reading “Remembering Sinclair’s ZX Spectrum”
- Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town BandIn six weeks, the historic Devizes Town Band will be performing at their first indoor concert for two years! On … Continue reading “Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town Band”
- We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture“We want to be there for every seriously ill child that needs us,” say Julia’s House, “but to care for … Continue reading “We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture”
- Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town HallA truly wonderful night was had at Trowbridge Town Hall with soul-reggae artist Onika Venus and band…. Agreed, you may … Continue reading “Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town Hall”
- REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021Up Around The Blues Club By Andy Fawthrop Well, it’d been a long old time but finally – finally! – … Continue reading “REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021”
- REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021You’ve Got To Laugh by Andy Fawthrop It really feels as if the old times are back with the very … Continue reading “REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021”
- Eric Ravilious: Downland ManUnique exhibition to open at Wiltshire Museum Featured Image: The Westbury White Horse © Towner Eastbourne Finally opening at Wiltshire … Continue reading “Eric Ravilious: Downland Man“
- Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in ChippenhamSo, you’re planning to go out-out, the decision rests on music or a night of comedy. An unnecessary dilemma, no … Continue reading “Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in Chippenham”
- Spearmint’s Holland ParkAs spacey as Spaceman 3, I get a whopping chunk of cleansed retro Madchester with the opening of Holland Park, … Continue reading “Spearmint’s Holland Park”
- Help Choose a Charity For A Fundraising Music Event in Devizes….A prestigious live music gig is being planned for Devizes. Top secret, if I spill anymore beans about it they’d … Continue reading “Help Choose a Charity For A Fundraising Music Event in Devizes….”