The deeper I delve into Afrobeat the more gorgeous it gets, and I’m discovering bands closer to home. Nubiyan Twist, for example, who are from Oxford rather than the Sudan as it might sound. I’m loving this sound, and got to get a review down of their forthcoming album.
Today though, check Leeds ten-piece behemoth, bone-shaking afrobeat collective, Mansion of Snakes. These devil-funk and cosmic jazz
serpents give it their all, and there’s stuff, cool stuff to download as name your price on their Bandcamp page. Say no more.
Have a lovely rest of your day. Very good. Carry on….
- Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!Have you seen this, at the Euros? When in defence of a freekick they have a guy lying on the … Continue reading “Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!”
- Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact ZoneFinal piece of the series then, and a conclusion… One More Tune!!! By 1994 the Criminal Justice Bill had become … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact Zone”
- Lady Nade; WillingAmericana folk singer-songwriter Lady Nade beautifully attributes her granddad for her traits, in the song Peace and Calm, citing his … Continue reading “Lady Nade; Willing”
- Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom RacoonBlagging biros and stationery from banks and post offices, we’ve all been there, but few driven to pen a song … Continue reading “Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom Racoon”
- Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?As a new local Facebook page for the LGBTQ+ community, Devizes Lgbtq+ springs to life, I’m left wondering exactly what … Continue reading “Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?”
- Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy RangeNow, I know what you’re asking; aren’t you in someway affiliated with Planks’ Dairies, in which case isn’t this a … Continue reading “Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy Range”
- Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf TheatreDespite the gloomy pushback to the 19th July for step four of the roadmap to reopen venues, government announced plans … Continue reading “Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf Theatre”
- Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on SaturdayI don’t know where the ingenious pub name The Chocolate Poodle came from, or why it had to sadly close, … Continue reading “Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on Saturday”
- Lions, be on the Green!Though for trade description purposes, there were no actual lions on the Green, (not this time, it’s not 1980) if … Continue reading “Lions, be on the Green!”
- Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier“If you’re hanging on to a rising balloon, you’re presented with a difficult decision – let go before it’s too … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier”