No video to this one. Do we need visuals? Not when it’s this good; my favourite track of Brighton-based contemporary ska heads, Dakka Skanks.
They’re lively, diverse, lots of fun, and I think we’ll be hearing a lot more from them in the near future.
If the Duallers have reached a pivotal point akin to the Specials, and Death of Guitar Pop are providing the tongue-in-cheek Madness equivalent, I believe these guys could be The Beat of this era, as there was a band unafraid to experiment.
Dakka Skanks are majorly ska, but throw a lovable but carefree punk attitude, and a wide range of other influences, such as soul, into the melting pot, and concoct something uniquely entertaining.
Very good. Carry on….
- Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!
- Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact Zone
- Lady Nade; Willing
- Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom Racoon
- Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?
- Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy Range
- Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf Theatre
- Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on Saturday
- Lions, be on the Green!
- Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier