No video to this one. Do we need visuals? Not when it’s this good; my favourite track of Brighton-based contemporary ska heads, Dakka Skanks.
They’re lively, diverse, lots of fun, and I think we’ll be hearing a lot more from them in the near future.
If the Duallers have reached a pivotal point akin to the Specials, and Death of Guitar Pop are providing the tongue-in-cheek Madness equivalent, I believe these guys could be The Beat of this era, as there was a band unafraid to experiment.
Dakka Skanks are majorly ska, but throw a lovable but carefree punk attitude, and a wide range of other influences, such as soul, into the melting pot, and concoct something uniquely entertaining.
Very good. Carry on….
- World Book Day; Flash Your Book at Us!
- Song of the Day 30: Maple Glider (A.K.A. Tori Ziestch)
- Song of the Day 29: Bunny Wailer 1947-2021
- Trowbridge DJ and Producer, Neonian Releases Debut EP
- A Chat with Wiltshire PCC Candidate Liz Webster
- Make Headway for Ariel Posen
- Song of the Day 28: Kevin Brown
- Song of the Day 27: Emily Capell
- And There it is, Araluen
- Song of the Day 26: The Maitree Express