No video to this one. Do we need visuals? Not when it’s this good; my favourite track of Brighton-based contemporary ska heads, Dakka Skanks.
They’re lively, diverse, lots of fun, and I think we’ll be hearing a lot more from them in the near future.
If the Duallers have reached a pivotal point akin to the Specials, and Death of Guitar Pop are providing the tongue-in-cheek Madness equivalent, I believe these guys could be The Beat of this era, as there was a band unafraid to experiment.
Dakka Skanks are majorly ska, but throw a lovable but carefree punk attitude, and a wide range of other influences, such as soul, into the melting pot, and concoct something uniquely entertaining.
Very good. Carry on….
- Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?
- Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt Song
- Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await Refund
- Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul Combination
- Talk in Code; Young Loves Dreamers
- Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s Devizes
- Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With Stimulus
- Baber and Wileman set to Chill
- Devizes Town Band to Head on a Fantastic Journey
- Stormtrooper in a Teacup at Devizes Town Council