Local enviromental campaigners are calling on Devizes Town Council to designate ten areas of land around Drews Pond Wood as Local Green Spaces due to their importance for wildlife, health and wellbeing as well as historical significance.
Please sign the petition, here.
Drews Pond Wood Project has looked after the Local Nature Reserve since 1990 to keep it as a special place for wildlife and a resource for local people. They are asking for your help to get more protection for the wood and its surroundings.
The Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan are being reviewed. These plans will decide where to put hundreds more houses in Devizes. These plans shouldn’t just be about where to put development – they also need to identify areas that are special and important for people and wildlife so that they can be protected for the future.
The National Planning Framework enables communities to identify and protect areas that are of value to them through Local and Neighbourhood Plans by designating Local Green Space. This designation ensures strong development restrictions on an area.
Make no mistake, Drew’s Pond Wood has been earmarked for development, though the application has been rejected, this doesn’t protect the area should future applications are made.
Thanks goes to local environmentalist, Joe Brindle and his team for creating the campaign and raising awareness of this. It is supported by the Drew’s Pond Wood Project.
Please sign the petition, here.
- Chippenham’s Fringe Feb Festival is Back!An exciting variety of arts and performance events are being offered to Chippenham residents from Friday 11th-13th February. The line-up for this year’s Fringe Feb festival includes live comedy, dance, theatre and … Continue reading “Chippenham’s Fringe Feb Festival is Back!”
- Introducing, Chai For AllIntroducing Bristol jazzy Yiddish folk ensemble, Chai For All, who’ve got me reminiscing about how, pre-internet, we used to find new musical genres, much least, … Continue reading “Introducing, Chai For All”
- Rock n Roll Lives; in Melksham!Found myself in the Sham last night, hail hailing rock n roll at the Assembly Hall, something I’ve been meaning to witness for ages; and … Continue reading “Rock n Roll Lives; in Melksham!”
- Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?Glamping and other plush extras add to the allure of a modern-day festival, but how far are you willing to go to make your festie … Continue reading “Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?”
- Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt SongNationwide hunt saboteurs and animal rights activists have inspired those gypsy-folk misfits, Mobius Loop to create this righteous tune, the Foxtrot Tally Hoedown; and we … Continue reading “Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt Song”
- Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await RefundTicketholders for the hugely publicised Bath Reggae Festival still awaiting a refund after the festival was cancelled in August last year are getting understandably disgruntled, … Continue reading “Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await Refund”
- Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul CombinationHey you, with the comb in your back pocket, imagine if the Brand New Heavies were signed by Motown in 1964, and you’d be a … Continue reading “Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul Combination”
- Talk in Code; Young Loves DreamersSet to release their new single ‘Young Loves Dream’ on Friday 11th February across all digital platforms, Talk in Code are rinsing their inimitable and … Continue reading “Talk in Code; Young Loves Dreamers”
- Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s DevizesIf there’s one venue I’m delighted to pen an event preview for, this new year, it has to be St Mary’s Church in Devizes. The … Continue reading “Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s Devizes”
- Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With StimulusIf the brilliant evening with The Allergies at Devizes’ Muck & Dundar this month did anything more than cause me to dance my socks off, … Continue reading “Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With Stimulus”