Here’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost of $7 million? And Wacko dished the cash out of his own pocket?
Despite critical acclaim at the time, reaching number 3 in the UK pop charts, and the retaliatory nature of the song against the tabloid assault on Michael after sexual abuse accusations, I thought, and always will think, it was a bit shit, to be perfectly frank!
Look, I mean, okay, bit harsh were the allegations, so MJ thinks, I know, I’ll bag myself a B-movie spaceship, take my sister off the planet, buy us both matching knobbly jumpers, dance about in zero g, and cough up seven million dollars for someone to film it, that’ll convince the fans I’m not a complete fruitcake.
They didn’t even save enough pennies to get it filmed in technicolor. Input sad face emoji.
Compare and contrast to Devizes-own Jon Amor, who, with just the creativity of Lucianne Worthy, a big chunk of inspiration from Jim Henson and some snazzy blue loafers, pulls off this absolute beauty for the track Rider from the latest album Remote Control.
Smashed it, guys, and it’s in colour too. Proof you don’t gotta do a Wacko Jacko and push the boat out as far as Mars to accomplish something all together entertaining.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on….
- Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?As a new local Facebook page for the LGBTQ+ community, Devizes Lgbtq+ springs to life, I’m left wondering exactly what social and counsel interactions are … Continue reading “Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?”
- Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy RangeNow, I know what you’re asking; aren’t you in someway affiliated with Planks’ Dairies, in which case isn’t this a shameless advertorial? Yes, and no, … Continue reading “Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy Range”
- Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf TheatreDespite the gloomy pushback to the 19th July for step four of the roadmap to reopen venues, government announced plans to pilot test live theatrical … Continue reading “Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf Theatre”
- Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on SaturdayI don’t know where the ingenious pub name The Chocolate Poodle came from, or why it had to sadly close, but it always sounds like … Continue reading “Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on Saturday”
- Lions, be on the Green!Though for trade description purposes, there were no actual lions on the Green, (not this time, it’s not 1980) if I had to sum up … Continue reading “Lions, be on the Green!”
- Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier“If you’re hanging on to a rising balloon, you’re presented with a difficult decision – let go before it’s too late or hang on and … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier”
- Liddington Hill Celtic Punk!Sometimes, and quite a number of times I might add, nothing fits the bill quite like a bout of pounding bibulous Celtic punk, by a … Continue reading “Liddington Hill Celtic Punk!”
- How to Discourage a Tory from Coming to your Party!Now lockdown restrictions are looking to be eased, you might be considering hosting a party. Given the last thing you need is for a conservative … Continue reading “How to Discourage a Tory from Coming to your Party!”
- Local Artist Clifton Powell Commissioned for English Heritage Exhibition The African Diaspora in EnglandA proud moment for Devizes-based artist Clifton Powell as he poses for a photo next to his amazing portrait of Abbot Hadrian, in Canterbury. Clifton … Continue reading “Local Artist Clifton Powell Commissioned for English Heritage Exhibition The African Diaspora in England”
- Devizes Wharf Theatre Launch Youth TheatreHave you any young budding actors in your family? Drama kings and queens?! You might like to know Devizes Wharf Theatre have just launched a … Continue reading “Devizes Wharf Theatre Launch Youth Theatre”