Here’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost of $7 million? And Wacko dished the cash out of his own pocket?
Despite critical acclaim at the time, reaching number 3 in the UK pop charts, and the retaliatory nature of the song against the tabloid assault on Michael after sexual abuse accusations, I thought, and always will think, it was a bit shit, to be perfectly frank!
Look, I mean, okay, bit harsh were the allegations, so MJ thinks, I know, I’ll bag myself a B-movie spaceship, take my sister off the planet, buy us both matching knobbly jumpers, dance about in zero g, and cough up seven million dollars for someone to film it, that’ll convince the fans I’m not a complete fruitcake.
They didn’t even save enough pennies to get it filmed in technicolor. Input sad face emoji.
Compare and contrast to Devizes-own Jon Amor, who, with just the creativity of Lucianne Worthy, a big chunk of inspiration from Jim Henson and some snazzy blue loafers, pulls off this absolute beauty for the track Rider from the latest album Remote Control.
Smashed it, guys, and it’s in colour too. Proof you don’t gotta do a Wacko Jacko and push the boat out as far as Mars to accomplish something all together entertaining.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on….
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022Here’s what we’ve found to do round and about Wiltshire this coming week, unless you like staying home, scowling at your electric smart meter as … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022”
- Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel EventsYou’d be forgiven for assuming The Crown at Bishop’s Cannings desire a gothic exodus of drugged and depraved heathens sacrificing virgins into a hellfire den … Continue reading “Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel Events”
- REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022Baroque & Roll Andy Fawthrop The last time I was in St Mary’s church was well before the C-thing to see TiTCo perform Spamalot, and … Continue reading “REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022“
- Devizes Public Living Room Finds New HomeIt’s great news today, as the social circle Devizes Public Living Room has been offered The Cheese Hall to continue their weekly gatherings, by Devizes … Continue reading “Devizes Public Living Room Finds New Home”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022Here we go for this coming week, excuse me for not waffling, really not in the mood. Oh, okay, just one whinge then, if you … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022”
- Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon BrodkinDevizes Arts Festival pokes its head out of its nest this autumn, with a one night only comedy gig on Friday 4th November at the … Continue reading “Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon Brodkin”
- SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The ShamblesSpud-gun is an amusing epithet underutilised as much as the Shambles often is in ol’ Devizes town, in my honest opinion. Spudgun, best describes the … Continue reading “SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The Shambles”
- Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!Though risky, weatherwise, September seems to be the month The Devizes Food & Drink Festival has settled on, returning again this year on this pleasant … Continue reading “Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!”
- The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut AlbumA little late for the party, as ever, I’ve been procrastinating, and my computer is equally as listless; failing to save my original words on … Continue reading “The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut Album”
- Swindon Paint Fest: Live Street Art in OctoberThough Ken White’s murals have been seen across Swindon for decades, particularly his Golden Lion at the Whale Bridge roundabout on Fleming Way, contemporary street … Continue reading “Swindon Paint Fest: Live Street Art in October”