Here’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost of $7 million? And Wacko dished the cash out of his own pocket?
Despite critical acclaim at the time, reaching number 3 in the UK pop charts, and the retaliatory nature of the song against the tabloid assault on Michael after sexual abuse accusations, I thought, and always will think, it was a bit shit, to be perfectly frank!
Look, I mean, okay, bit harsh were the allegations, so MJ thinks, I know, I’ll bag myself a B-movie spaceship, take my sister off the planet, buy us both matching knobbly jumpers, dance about in zero g, and cough up seven million dollars for someone to film it, that’ll convince the fans I’m not a complete fruitcake.
They didn’t even save enough pennies to get it filmed in technicolor. Input sad face emoji.
Compare and contrast to Devizes-own Jon Amor, who, with just the creativity of Lucianne Worthy, a big chunk of inspiration from Jim Henson and some snazzy blue loafers, pulls off this absolute beauty for the track Rider from the latest album Remote Control.
Smashed it, guys, and it’s in colour too. Proof you don’t gotta do a Wacko Jacko and push the boat out as far as Mars to accomplish something all together entertaining.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on….
- Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!Marlborough News reported “in the Seventies, Marlborough boasted well over twenty pubs. Now there are just six,” in an article about the retirement of longstanding … Continue reading “Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023Oh, hey there, it’s me, here to tell you what we’ve found to do in Wiltshire this week, leading us nicely until the end of … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023”
- Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots StyleIf the last thing you’d expect as the final sound you hear before leaving a festival carpark is of scraping frost off windscreens, notion of … Continue reading “Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots Style”
- Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting RoomThe Kennet & Avon Trust today revealed plans to convert the old café on Devizes Wharf, Couch Lane, into a meeting facility; how exciting! It … Continue reading “Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting Room”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023Back to a possibility of snow on Wednesday, the big freeze makes an unwelcome return, so please, if you’re heading out be careful. For those … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023”
- Delicate, Like A PsychedelicatWhat is a psychedelicat, a tin of magic mushroom flavoured Felix?! His picture on the tin certainly displays some suspiciously dilated pupils, but this exaggeration … Continue reading “Delicate, Like A Psychedelicat”
- New Lost Trades Single and Album AnnouncementIf our beloved two-part Devizes one-part Trowbridge folk harmony trio, The Lost Trades should be at the level now of aiming for reviews in the … Continue reading “New Lost Trades Single and Album Announcement”
- The Bradford Roots Music Festival ReturnsI know, it’s hardly festival weather, but this one is all inside! Inside the glorious Wiltshire Music Centre in Bradford-on-Avon that is, on Saturday 21st … Continue reading “The Bradford Roots Music Festival Returns”
- Devizes School; We Will Rock You ReviewBy Bill Green Devizes School excelled during the week of 05 December 2022, putting on a spectacular rendition of the West End show ‘We Will … Continue reading “Devizes School; We Will Rock You Review”
- Exchange; Devizes Night Club Starts Regular Open Mic SessionsCommendation must go to The Exchange night club in Devizes this week, for introduing regular open mic sessions on Fridays…. Starting on Friday 3rd February, … Continue reading “Exchange; Devizes Night Club Starts Regular Open Mic Sessions”