Here’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost of $7 million? And Wacko dished the cash out of his own pocket?
Despite critical acclaim at the time, reaching number 3 in the UK pop charts, and the retaliatory nature of the song against the tabloid assault on Michael after sexual abuse accusations, I thought, and always will think, it was a bit shit, to be perfectly frank!
Look, I mean, okay, bit harsh were the allegations, so MJ thinks, I know, I’ll bag myself a B-movie spaceship, take my sister off the planet, buy us both matching knobbly jumpers, dance about in zero g, and cough up seven million dollars for someone to film it, that’ll convince the fans I’m not a complete fruitcake.
They didn’t even save enough pennies to get it filmed in technicolor. Input sad face emoji.
Compare and contrast to Devizes-own Jon Amor, who, with just the creativity of Lucianne Worthy, a big chunk of inspiration from Jim Henson and some snazzy blue loafers, pulls off this absolute beauty for the track Rider from the latest album Remote Control.
Smashed it, guys, and it’s in colour too. Proof you don’t gotta do a Wacko Jacko and push the boat out as far as Mars to accomplish something all together entertaining.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on….
- Alex Roberts and Fly Yeti Fly @ The Barge HoneystreetBen Niamor First time for me in the barn venue, it’s a great space. Alex is no stranger to this place, and it feels like … Continue reading “Alex Roberts and Fly Yeti Fly @ The Barge Honeystreet”
- Devizes Street Festival; Day OneIf I can, which I think is best after one too many visits to the Stealth bar, sum today in Devizes up in a word, … Continue reading “Devizes Street Festival; Day One”
- Deadlight Dance: Innocent BeginningsMarlborough’s darkwave-goth duo, Deadlight Dance push their boundaries to new limits with their second single, Innocent Beginnings this week, and it’s a corker of goth … Continue reading “Deadlight Dance: Innocent Beginnings”
- Nothing Rhymes With Orange have ButterfliesIf Lidl Shoes, April’s blast from our aspiring homegrown four-piece indie-punkers, Nothing Rhymes With Orange certainty raised the rafters with energetic enthusiasm, I held subtle … Continue reading “Nothing Rhymes With Orange have Butterflies”
- Your Place, or Mine? Devizes Town Council Squabbles Over Meeting Venue!I’ve a mildly interesting word origin urban myth to bore you with before we begin on an opinion piece about the latest petty squabbling at … Continue reading “Your Place, or Mine? Devizes Town Council Squabbles Over Meeting Venue!”
- Song of the Week: Canute’s Plastic ArmySwindon’s acoustic Celtic folk duo Canute’s Plastic Army played the Southgate in Devizes last Saturday; though firmly on my never-ending must-see-list, even just the name … Continue reading “Song of the Week: Canute’s Plastic Army”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 24th-30th May 2023OMG, OMG, another bank holiday weekend coming up, who’s excited, who’s coming out to play?! Here’s what we’ve found this week, find the info and … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 24th-30th May 2023”
- Female of the Species Announce 2023 Date!For eight years on the trot, minus the lockdown year no one needs reminding of, local all-female supergroup, The Female of the Species have performed … Continue reading “Female of the Species Announce 2023 Date!”
- Exploring Frome at Night; Does Every Town Need a Cheese and Grain?Finally crawled out of my Hobbit-hole this weekend after a shilly-shallying period of making do with BGT on the telebox, and what better way to … Continue reading “Exploring Frome at Night; Does Every Town Need a Cheese and Grain?”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-23rd May 2023Hey you, had one of those weeks so far, and need to blow off some steam?! I know I have, but you don’t need me … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-23rd May 2023”