Here’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost of $7 million? And Wacko dished the cash out of his own pocket?
Despite critical acclaim at the time, reaching number 3 in the UK pop charts, and the retaliatory nature of the song against the tabloid assault on Michael after sexual abuse accusations, I thought, and always will think, it was a bit shit, to be perfectly frank!
Look, I mean, okay, bit harsh were the allegations, so MJ thinks, I know, I’ll bag myself a B-movie spaceship, take my sister off the planet, buy us both matching knobbly jumpers, dance about in zero g, and cough up seven million dollars for someone to film it, that’ll convince the fans I’m not a complete fruitcake.
They didn’t even save enough pennies to get it filmed in technicolor. Input sad face emoji.
Compare and contrast to Devizes-own Jon Amor, who, with just the creativity of Lucianne Worthy, a big chunk of inspiration from Jim Henson and some snazzy blue loafers, pulls off this absolute beauty for the track Rider from the latest album Remote Control.
Smashed it, guys, and it’s in colour too. Proof you don’t gotta do a Wacko Jacko and push the boat out as far as Mars to accomplish something all together entertaining.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on….
- The Next Wharf Theatre Production Will Be Glorious!How will the Wharf Theatre follow the huge success of Jesus Christ Superstar? I can tell you this much; it will be Glorious! How do … Continue reading “The Next Wharf Theatre Production Will Be Glorious!”
- Remembering Sinclair’s ZX SpectrumOkay, given the news of the sad passing of Sir Clive Sinclair last week, guaranteed you’ll see lots of photos of him in his scarf, … Continue reading “Remembering Sinclair’s ZX Spectrum”
- Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town BandIn six weeks, the historic Devizes Town Band will be performing at their first indoor concert for two years! On Sunday 31st October, Devizes Town … Continue reading “Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town Band”
- We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture“We want to be there for every seriously ill child that needs us,” say Julia’s House, “but to care for families in your community, we … Continue reading “We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture”
- Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town HallA truly wonderful night was had at Trowbridge Town Hall with soul-reggae artist Onika Venus and band…. Agreed, you may have to sift through wildly … Continue reading “Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town Hall”
- REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021Up Around The Blues Club By Andy Fawthrop Well, it’d been a long old time but finally – finally! – we were back after 18 … Continue reading “REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021”
- REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021You’ve Got To Laugh by Andy Fawthrop It really feels as if the old times are back with the very welcome return of Strakers’ Comedy … Continue reading “REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021”
- Eric Ravilious: Downland ManUnique exhibition to open at Wiltshire Museum Featured Image: The Westbury White Horse © Towner Eastbourne Finally opening at Wiltshire Museum on 25 September 2021 … Continue reading “Eric Ravilious: Downland Man“
- Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in ChippenhamSo, you’re planning to go out-out, the decision rests on music or a night of comedy. An unnecessary dilemma, no need for a crystal ball, … Continue reading “Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in Chippenham”
- Spearmint’s Holland ParkAs spacey as Spaceman 3, I get a whopping chunk of cleansed retro Madchester with the opening of Holland Park, the new album from one … Continue reading “Spearmint’s Holland Park”