With tracks for the charity compilation album coming in thick n fast, time for me to take a break, sit with the family to watch the Jumanji rework, again. Hum, Ruby Roundhouse….But before my mind wanders too much, here’s my song of the day.
It has no video, best guessing it doesn’t matter, you’ll feel preoccupied with footstomping and guzzling cider from a plastic gallon container. Americana meets west country folk, scrumpy & western, this is nothing but a carefree enjoyable bop, done with bells on.
Looks from here like they’re a staggering nine-piece, suspect fibbers about being brothers, but two seconds into this beauty and even that won’t matter, even if you did bring ya mama, who’d probably just complain about her feet the whole way through.
Go give em a Facebook like, for more info on the shindigs you’ll hear them pluck their geetars at, and based on this tune alone, you know it’s going to go off.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on….
- Stockwell, Storm Jae and Nory Can’t Come HomeIt’s not every day we hear a quintessentially hip-hop track with the magnitude of enriching classic rock riffs, say, as Gerry Rafferty’s Baker Street or … Continue reading “Stockwell, Storm Jae and Nory Can’t Come Home”
- Wiltshire’s Most Expensive Laugh; Seedy Out of the PCC Race!Two opinion pieces from me in as many days; you lucky, lucky people! What I wouldn’t give to have two lofty opinion pieces from Devizine … Continue reading “Wiltshire’s Most Expensive Laugh; Seedy Out of the PCC Race!”
- A Trowbridge Kitchen Sink Drama; Sitting TenantsWednesday, racing down to the newsagent on the corner on my Rayleigh Tomahawk, fifteen pee in sweaty palm. Pick up my Beano, six pence left … Continue reading “A Trowbridge Kitchen Sink Drama; Sitting Tenants”
- Wiltshire Lays all its Eggs in the Same BasketYou’ve done it now, it’s too late for reason. My reaction to the local election results coming in; you really want to hear it?! It’s … Continue reading “Wiltshire Lays all its Eggs in the Same Basket”
- Brainiac 5’s Other DimensionAnd it is precisely that. Cornish psych-punkers The Brainiac 5 release this mind-blowing album of both reflective new tunes and lost archived tracks, today. Another … Continue reading “Brainiac 5’s Other Dimension”
- Sheer Reveal Frank Turner at Cheese & GrainTo celebrate the release of his new single “the Gathering,” featuring Jason Isbell and Muse’s Dom Howard, multi-award-winning Frank Turner, one of the UK’s most … Continue reading “Sheer Reveal Frank Turner at Cheese & Grain”
- Save Furlong Close Campaigners Protest in RowdeRowde villagers joined for a socially distanced and peaceful protest today, in the centre of the village to show their support for the Save Furlong … Continue reading “Save Furlong Close Campaigners Protest in Rowde”
- Salem Announce National Tour with Sheer Hosting Swindon’s Vic GigThere’s something indefinitely old school punk about Salem, with nods to pop-punk, goth and rockabilly, hoisting them to the absolute top of their scene. No … Continue reading “Salem Announce National Tour with Sheer Hosting Swindon’s Vic Gig”
- Can You Help Calne Central Youth & Community Centre Raise Funds to Keep it Going?Calne in Tune stated their activities in 2013. In 2015 a handful of Musicians, Artists & Crafters at Calne in Tune decided they needed a … Continue reading “Can You Help Calne Central Youth & Community Centre Raise Funds to Keep it Going?”
- State of the Thing; a Monthly Guide to Last and This Coming Month of DevizineParticularly crucial at this point, in the midst of this “roadmap” out of lockdown, for me to consider writing a monthly post outlining where we’re … Continue reading “State of the Thing; a Monthly Guide to Last and This Coming Month of Devizine”