I don’t know where the ingenious pub name The Chocolate Poodle came from, or why it had to sadly close, but it always sounds like it should be the name of an East End pub to me, so, for fun, here’s a preview today written in cockney rhyming slang, (although there will be no jellied eels) with translation in brackets so not to ganderflank the yokels!
Allwhite me ol China (mate)? Thee know those gorgeous lads with their gourmet Lilian Gish n jockey whips (fish n chips) slice (van) The Fiesty Fish, right? Well, usually they’re up at the ol’ Chocolate Poodle bath (pub) in West Lavington on a poet’s day (friday) evening, right?
Well ave a Butcher’s (look) at this;
This Saturday, June 19th, they’ll be driving a few yards up the Jack n Jill (hill), at a’ Becketts vineyard where you can try their fantastic sparkling Calvin (wine) while you get your laughing gear around yer tucker in the picturesque surroundings!
Pre-order from their website and join them from 11am-2.30pm. That sounds sugar (nice), innit?! Roll out the barrel.
Best way to locate these travelling fish n chips virtuosoes is to like their Facebook page.
- Devizes Rotary: Support for Ukrainian Families
- Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three CrownsPrince Akeem of Zamunda, that’s the bugger, least the fictional character played by Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, who walks over a shower of … Continue reading “Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three Crowns”
- Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The PelicanSafe to say, I’m reckoning, we’re now back to full velocity for live music and entertainment in Devizes post-lockdown, and once again, for a small … Continue reading “Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The Pelican”
- Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!It’s quite alright, you’ve not entered the Upside Down from Stranger Things, or another theoretical parallel universe. Station Road carpark in Devizes will be closed … Continue reading “Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!”
- You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-offYou’ve only got until Monday to sound your opinion on the Devizes School land sell-off, the consultation ends Monday 15th August. Go give your verbal … Continue reading “You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-off”
- Weelky Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 11th-16th AugustThe heat is on, as Glen Frey once said. Whatever did happen to Glen? You don’t have to answer that, we’re here to find out … Continue reading “Weelky Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 11th-16th August”
- Jon Amor in Residency – August 7th 2022 – The Southgate InnBy Ian Diddams After eight months of being other engaged on the first Sunday of each month, with run throughs of self-authored radio plays, Rugby … Continue reading “Jon Amor in Residency – August 7th 2022 – The Southgate Inn”
- Steeple Ashton Summer Spectacular Fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and OthersSteeple Ashton’s Summer Spectacular at the church paddock on Saturday 10th September promises a three-course street food feast, with an auction from Paul Martin of … Continue reading “Steeple Ashton Summer Spectacular Fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and Others”
- Chippenham MP Boasts about Appearing on Far-Rightwing TV ChannelBeing politically correct, a near-naked rotund fellow with obesity issues mopped his greasy body with a sponge, being certain to cleanse all areas by slipping … Continue reading “Chippenham MP Boasts about Appearing on Far-Rightwing TV Channel”
- Rowde Parish Council Takes on The Kremlin!What in the wonderful world of fudge cake is going on here? Aside the appalling attention to primary school grammar, have you ever read such … Continue reading “Rowde Parish Council Takes on The Kremlin!”