Discover new tipples at a professionally-led tutored tasting.
Communion wine won’t be among the offering at a tutored tasting in St Mary’s Church, Devizes, on Friday, 19th August, but instead look forward to exploring an eclectic mix of interesting wines chosen by renowned local vintner Casper Bowes.
There will be something to appeal to every palate at the masterclass, which will provide the opportunity to sample a range of fine wines from different parts of the world in the unique historic setting of the Grade 1 listed building in New Park Street.
Co-founders of Bowes Wine, Casper and Victoria, who describe themselves as a ‘healthily wine-obsessed husband and wife team’, started the business in 2002 and focus on sourcing new and exciting wines from both the classic and lesser known regions of the world, with both young and older vintages in their sights.
The tasting will enable those imbibing to go away with a better understanding and appreciation of a wide range of specially selected wines. The evening starts at 6.30pm and will end around 8.30pm with a glass of sparkling wine and nibbles.
Tickets, which are limited and cost £20, can be purchased through St Mary Devizes Trust website at: www.stmarydevizestrust.org.uk where you can also find further information about future events in the church and learn more about the plans to transform the building into a vibrant community arts venue for future generations.
- Black Uhuru UK Tour Cancelled; The Plight of International Touring Post-Brexit“They can get no time to press,Because of all the distress that the society leads. What I’m a longing for is some happiness,” Black Uhuru … Continue reading “Black Uhuru UK Tour Cancelled; The Plight of International Touring Post-Brexit”
- Drag Me Down are Invincible; Fact!Ah, hark the beatific resonances of an adolescent choir, in their prime; Swindon’s metal-skater-punk three-piece Drag me Down have a new single out, destined to … Continue reading “Drag Me Down are Invincible; Fact!”
- Citizen’s Advice’s Plea for Funding From Local Councils as Wiltshire Council Slash Their BudgetDo you take Citizen’s Advice for granted? For many it’s a lifeline, the first port of call for any issues rising from legal, debt, consumer, … Continue reading “Citizen’s Advice’s Plea for Funding From Local Councils as Wiltshire Council Slash Their Budget”
- Wadworth Put Best Paw Forward with Wadwoof Walkies!Wadworth are raising money for Dogs Trust on International Dog Day with their very first Wadwoof Walkies event! On Friday August 26th, dogs and their … Continue reading “Wadworth Put Best Paw Forward with Wadwoof Walkies!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-24th August 2022Ah this is more like it, the English summer we know and love! Tad wet, but here’s what we have to do this week and … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-24th August 2022”
- Devizes Rotary: Support for Ukrainian Families
- Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three CrownsPrince Akeem of Zamunda, that’s the bugger, least the fictional character played by Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, who walks over a shower of … Continue reading “Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three Crowns”
- Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The PelicanSafe to say, I’m reckoning, we’re now back to full velocity for live music and entertainment in Devizes post-lockdown, and once again, for a small … Continue reading “Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The Pelican”
- Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!It’s quite alright, you’ve not entered the Upside Down from Stranger Things, or another theoretical parallel universe. Station Road carpark in Devizes will be closed … Continue reading “Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!”
- You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-offYou’ve only got until Monday to sound your opinion on the Devizes School land sell-off, the consultation ends Monday 15th August. Go give your verbal … Continue reading “You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-off”