Devizes Arts Festival pokes its head out of its nest this autumn, with a one night only comedy gig on Friday 4th November at the Corn Exchange, headlining Simon Brodkin, the genius who handed Theresa May a P45 at the Conservative Party Conference.
Hilarious at the time, but after three years of Boris Johnson, which felt like thirty, and some new spanner in number ten, I forget her name now, maybe better the devil you know. The stunt put Simon Bodkin on the mainstream comedy map, and heck, I think we all deserve a good laugh right now.
London doctor-turned-comic, and professional hoaxer, Simon Brodkin also showered Sepp Blatter with dollar bills at a FIFA press conference, and is famed for creating quirky characters, such as the annoying chav, Lee Nelson.
Supporting Simon is Stella Graham, a naturally funny stand-up comedian, writer & actor. Shameless, charmingly aggressive and unladylike, she’s the funniest half Sri Lankan gal from Coventry.
Stuart Goldsmith is an absolute top level comedian who has performed all over the world. He’s the regular studio warm-up comic for the Graham Norton Show (BBC), which is apparently even more fun than it sounds!
Compere for the evening is Bristol’s finest, James Redmond, who you might have seen on BBC TV’s West Country Sitcom, The Outlaws. James is a dry, slick and subtle stand up who delivers unexpected twists with a distinct West Country tinge to his routine.
“Well good” tickets are just a tenner, live from their website from 3rd October.
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 22nd – 28th March 2023All the ickle birdies singing in the blossom, and it’s beginning to look at bit more like spring, which it should, being equinox, which basically … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 22nd – 28th March 2023”
- See Behind the Scenes: Open Day at The Wharf TheatreSaturday April 1st, between 10am and 2pm The Wharf Theatre in Devizes are holding their second ever open day, it’s free and open to all. … Continue reading “See Behind the Scenes: Open Day at The Wharf Theatre”
- Danny, Champion of the Food BankFeatured Image: Bob Naylor/WaterMarx Media While The Trussell Trust created the first food banks in 2000, under Tony Blair, usage of them rose by a … Continue reading “Danny, Champion of the Food Bank”
- Song of the Week: Lucky Number SevenBristol’s purveyors of emotive post-grunge verging on etherealwave, Lucky Number Seven get our song of the week today, for their latest burst of harrowing energy, … Continue reading “Song of the Week: Lucky Number Seven”
- The First Ever Devizes Pride AnnouncedIf establishing Pride events in our cities and larger towns is sooo last decade, darling, we’re both keen and overjoyed to join the newer trend … Continue reading “The First Ever Devizes Pride Announced”
- A Sneak Peek at Devizes Arts Festival 2023I’m having a nose at Devizes Arts Festival website, as they’ve just published this year’s line-up, which you can find HERE. There’s a lot of … Continue reading “A Sneak Peek at Devizes Arts Festival 2023”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 15th- 21st March 2023Windy but warm, no, not me, the weather, I mind my manners, I thank you! Here’s what’s going down this coming week across our green … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 15th- 21st March 2023”
- An Amazing Devizes Concert for OpendoorsAll images used with permission of Gail Foster If of recent I’ve been critical about counterproductive steps taken to solve the rise in youth crime, … Continue reading “An Amazing Devizes Concert for Opendoors”
- Chatting with Vanessa Tanner; Guardian Candidate for Devizes EastWhile it may’ve been a week of social media turmoil at Devizes Town Council, the type usually reserved for national politics, a few hours prior … Continue reading “Chatting with Vanessa Tanner; Guardian Candidate for Devizes East”
- Bradford-on-Avon Raises £250,000 For New SkateparkCommunities, getting together, fundraising, and doing something good for their town’s youth. It might sound like the stuff of Terry Pratchett fantasy here in Devizes … Continue reading “Bradford-on-Avon Raises £250,000 For New Skatepark”
One thought on “Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon Brodkin”