Great things about ska are many fold, but a topper most one has to be collaboration. Rather than set groups, as with most mainstream music, musicians uniting for projects is common and has always been the ethos of ska and reggae since day dot. Perhaps being the very reason it’s so lively and communal.
Another great thing about our song of the day, where Islington’s ska legend Nick Welsh, aka King Hammond, teams up with that crazy Essex duo Death of Guitar Pop, is the ska style displayed, near enough mimics the jump blues “shuffle” on which ska is originally based.
But history aside, let’s just enjoy this new track for all it’s worth. DoGP are fast rising in rank on the UK ska scene, with a carefree “Nutty Boys” fashion, it’s easy to see why.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on….
- The Next Wharf Theatre Production Will Be Glorious!
- Remembering Sinclair’s ZX Spectrum
- Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town Band
- We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture
- Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town Hall
- REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021
- REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021
- Eric Ravilious: Downland Man
- Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in Chippenham
- Spearmint’s Holland Park