Topical, in view of Mark Little of Bristol Rovers’ social media attack, here’s a year-old message which, idealistically shouldn’t need repeating, but, unfortunately, seems it does.
And who better to deliver it than Wolverhampton’s Christopher MacFarlane, better known to the world as Macka B?
His righteous, yet witty DJ toasting style is often mimicked but never bettered. Since his early days on the Exodus sound system, through the eighties fast-style origination of Fashion Records, of which the late great Smiley Culture bought to mainstream charts, to today’s international recognition, award-winning Macka B never fails to breathe charisma and charm to a subject with intelligent and amusing verse.
The premise of his song is simple, the message is resounding.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on….
- Chippenham’s Fringe Feb Festival is Back!An exciting variety of arts and performance events are being offered to Chippenham residents from Friday 11th-13th February. The line-up for this year’s Fringe Feb festival includes live comedy, dance, theatre and … Continue reading “Chippenham’s Fringe Feb Festival is Back!”
- Introducing, Chai For AllIntroducing Bristol jazzy Yiddish folk ensemble, Chai For All, who’ve got me reminiscing about how, pre-internet, we used to find new musical genres, much least, … Continue reading “Introducing, Chai For All”
- Rock n Roll Lives; in Melksham!Found myself in the Sham last night, hail hailing rock n roll at the Assembly Hall, something I’ve been meaning to witness for ages; and … Continue reading “Rock n Roll Lives; in Melksham!”
- Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?Glamping and other plush extras add to the allure of a modern-day festival, but how far are you willing to go to make your festie … Continue reading “Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?”
- Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt SongNationwide hunt saboteurs and animal rights activists have inspired those gypsy-folk misfits, Mobius Loop to create this righteous tune, the Foxtrot Tally Hoedown; and we … Continue reading “Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt Song”
- Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await RefundTicketholders for the hugely publicised Bath Reggae Festival still awaiting a refund after the festival was cancelled in August last year are getting understandably disgruntled, … Continue reading “Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await Refund”
- Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul CombinationHey you, with the comb in your back pocket, imagine if the Brand New Heavies were signed by Motown in 1964, and you’d be a … Continue reading “Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul Combination”
- Talk in Code; Young Loves DreamersSet to release their new single ‘Young Loves Dream’ on Friday 11th February across all digital platforms, Talk in Code are rinsing their inimitable and … Continue reading “Talk in Code; Young Loves Dreamers”
- Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s DevizesIf there’s one venue I’m delighted to pen an event preview for, this new year, it has to be St Mary’s Church in Devizes. The … Continue reading “Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s Devizes”
- Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With StimulusIf the brilliant evening with The Allergies at Devizes’ Muck & Dundar this month did anything more than cause me to dance my socks off, … Continue reading “Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With Stimulus”