Topical, in view of Mark Little of Bristol Rovers’ social media attack, here’s a year-old message which, idealistically shouldn’t need repeating, but, unfortunately, seems it does.
And who better to deliver it than Wolverhampton’s Christopher MacFarlane, better known to the world as Macka B?
His righteous, yet witty DJ toasting style is often mimicked but never bettered. Since his early days on the Exodus sound system, through the eighties fast-style origination of Fashion Records, of which the late great Smiley Culture bought to mainstream charts, to today’s international recognition, award-winning Macka B never fails to breathe charisma and charm to a subject with intelligent and amusing verse.
The premise of his song is simple, the message is resounding.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on….
- The Strange Case of the Bin-Like War MemorialA Devizes resident, Simon Frankland on a Sunday stroll with his dog, stops to take a snap of an odd concrete rectangle on the grass … Continue reading “The Strange Case of the Bin-Like War Memorial”
- Survival of the Friendliest with Beans on ToastAnother year, another birthday for Jay McAllister, aptly codenamed Beans on Toast. Staying true to his birthday tradition, he’s opened a new tin, and this … Continue reading “Survival of the Friendliest with Beans on Toast”
- Webb Dreams of a White ChristmasIf we had a lot to say about Webbs’ head-turning metal EP Disenchanted, back in August, there’s a version of Irving Berlin’s classic, White Christmas … Continue reading “Webb Dreams of a White Christmas”
- Wiltshire to Freeze in Ice Age Temperatures, Especially Devizes!We’ve teamed up with Wiltshire Live to bring you this clickbait and vastly overemphasised weather warning exclusive.…. The MET Office (MET stands for my exaggerated … Continue reading “Wiltshire to Freeze in Ice Age Temperatures, Especially Devizes!”
- Wiltshire Blues & Soul Club Brings Blues Royalty to DevizesIf local media are reporting tomorrow’s arrival of the Duchess of Cornwall to Devizes, here to browse Wiltshire Museum’s Ravilious Downland Man exhibition, and erm, … Continue reading “Wiltshire Blues & Soul Club Brings Blues Royalty to Devizes”
- Thieves Break into Ambulance in DevizesDevizes-based event medical company, GWP reported their rapid response vehicle was broken into over the weekend, and approximately £1,000 worth of vital lifesaving equipment and … Continue reading “Thieves Break into Ambulance in Devizes”
- The Allergies Rock Da Muck & Dunder HouseImages by Chris Dunn of Inscope Design Got my groove thang on at the Muck & Dunder, Saturday, with help from The Allergies; yeah, I … Continue reading “The Allergies Rock Da Muck & Dunder House”
- Chatting With The Lost TradesLocal newspapers ran with a yarn of snow blizzards, due Saturday, and illustrated the clickbait with scenes of worst weather of yore. The laughable reality … Continue reading “Chatting With The Lost Trades”
- REVIEW – Antonio Forcione @ LSBC, Devizes – Saturday 27th November 2021Italian Jazz Guitarist Andy Fawthrop This was the third Long Street Blues Club weekend gig on the bounce for me. Following Gerry Jablonski Band two … Continue reading “REVIEW – Antonio Forcione @ LSBC, Devizes – Saturday 27th November 2021”
- Cracking DOCA Christmas Festival on Fridayby T.B.D Rose Finally, after a missed year (best to write 2020 off the map) our Christmas festival was back on Friday and as illuminating … Continue reading “Cracking DOCA Christmas Festival on Friday”