Topical, in view of Mark Little of Bristol Rovers’ social media attack, here’s a year-old message which, idealistically shouldn’t need repeating, but, unfortunately, seems it does.
And who better to deliver it than Wolverhampton’s Christopher MacFarlane, better known to the world as Macka B?
His righteous, yet witty DJ toasting style is often mimicked but never bettered. Since his early days on the Exodus sound system, through the eighties fast-style origination of Fashion Records, of which the late great Smiley Culture bought to mainstream charts, to today’s international recognition, award-winning Macka B never fails to breathe charisma and charm to a subject with intelligent and amusing verse.
The premise of his song is simple, the message is resounding.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on….
- Devizes Rotary: Support for Ukrainian Families
- Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three CrownsPrince Akeem of Zamunda, that’s the bugger, least the fictional character played by Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, who walks over a shower of … Continue reading “Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three Crowns”
- Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The PelicanSafe to say, I’m reckoning, we’re now back to full velocity for live music and entertainment in Devizes post-lockdown, and once again, for a small … Continue reading “Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The Pelican”
- Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!It’s quite alright, you’ve not entered the Upside Down from Stranger Things, or another theoretical parallel universe. Station Road carpark in Devizes will be closed … Continue reading “Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!”
- You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-offYou’ve only got until Monday to sound your opinion on the Devizes School land sell-off, the consultation ends Monday 15th August. Go give your verbal … Continue reading “You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-off”
- Weelky Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 11th-16th AugustThe heat is on, as Glen Frey once said. Whatever did happen to Glen? You don’t have to answer that, we’re here to find out … Continue reading “Weelky Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 11th-16th August”
- Jon Amor in Residency – August 7th 2022 – The Southgate InnBy Ian Diddams After eight months of being other engaged on the first Sunday of each month, with run throughs of self-authored radio plays, Rugby … Continue reading “Jon Amor in Residency – August 7th 2022 – The Southgate Inn”
- Steeple Ashton Summer Spectacular Fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and OthersSteeple Ashton’s Summer Spectacular at the church paddock on Saturday 10th September promises a three-course street food feast, with an auction from Paul Martin of … Continue reading “Steeple Ashton Summer Spectacular Fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and Others”
- Chippenham MP Boasts about Appearing on Far-Rightwing TV ChannelBeing politically correct, a near-naked rotund fellow with obesity issues mopped his greasy body with a sponge, being certain to cleanse all areas by slipping … Continue reading “Chippenham MP Boasts about Appearing on Far-Rightwing TV Channel”
- Rowde Parish Council Takes on The Kremlin!What in the wonderful world of fudge cake is going on here? Aside the appalling attention to primary school grammar, have you ever read such … Continue reading “Rowde Parish Council Takes on The Kremlin!”