Ever just float around your favourite social media site with no objective in mind, to unexpectedly find something which pounces on you as utterly brilliant, and wonder why you’ve not heard about it before?
Took a second of watching this to establish it’s one of those rare occasions, and not just a pointless scrolling exercise for your index finger. You know the kind, where you only see your mate’s unappealing dinner, a wonky, windup political opinion, or video of a young prankster posing as a magician hoaxing eye candy on a Florida beach.
Took a further second to confirm it’s not to be confused with senior easy listening giant, Andy Williams, rather an indie-pop Bristol-based singer-songwriter namesake, but with an added middle J, a penchant for a funky riff and eye for a beguiling tune.
Check this cracking danceable video out, where one could ponder if the middle J stands for “Jacko!”
Not that I’m usually one to allow a cracking video convince me, even with dancing stormtroopers. So, you should note, he’s on his third album “Buy all the $tuff,” of which you can, here. I’m reckoning I need a window to review this fully in the near future. For now it came as big as a nice surprise as spotting an unidentified circular yellow object in the sky this morning, for a near halfhour! Amazing.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s BizzleThis is isn’t the favoured way to start a review, but this is idiot music for stupid people, if you think this is stupid then … Continue reading “Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s Bizzle”
- For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New FestivalPlanned for Saturday 28th August, from midday until 10pm, an all-day festival in Swindon’s Town Gardens will be getting Swindon rockin’, and it’s all in … Continue reading “For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New Festival”
- Daisy’s Good Luck SongsIf I learned to take heed of Sheer Music chief promoter Kieran J Moore, when he Facebook posts about a new local discovery on a … Continue reading “Daisy’s Good Luck Songs”
- Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!Rude girls grito! Far from home perhaps, but so, so worth mentioning for tropical vibes of rock steady and ska in a fashion proportionately you’ll … Continue reading “Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!”
- Longcoats Get DancingOpps, near-on delayed a month due to the amount of work involved with promoting our Julia’s House album, other stuff going on, and generally slacking … Continue reading “Longcoats Get Dancing”
- Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final CountdownLong overdue is the last third of our detailed track-listing for the compilation album, Various Artists 4Julia’s House, like most things on Devizine at the … Continue reading “Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final Countdown”
- Was a TwoManTing at the SouthgateManaged to make it somewhere between out and Micky Flanagan’s out-out last night. In other words, I didn’t change out of my manky khaki shorts … Continue reading “Was a TwoManTing at the Southgate”
- Gull Able Part 2Continuing from last week, here’s the second episode of our crime-drama, Gull Able…. if only Netflix was reading this we’d have ourselves a hit series … Continue reading “Gull Able Part 2”
- Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date … Continue reading “Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!”
- Congratulations to the Award-Winning British LionGenerally, the hospitality industry is cutthroat and fast paced, a constant competition to keep up with trends and modern consumer behaviour. While Devizes is like … Continue reading “Congratulations to the Award-Winning British Lion”