Ever just float around your favourite social media site with no objective in mind, to unexpectedly find something which pounces on you as utterly brilliant, and wonder why you’ve not heard about it before?
Took a second of watching this to establish it’s one of those rare occasions, and not just a pointless scrolling exercise for your index finger. You know the kind, where you only see your mate’s unappealing dinner, a wonky, windup political opinion, or video of a young prankster posing as a magician hoaxing eye candy on a Florida beach.
Took a further second to confirm it’s not to be confused with senior easy listening giant, Andy Williams, rather an indie-pop Bristol-based singer-songwriter namesake, but with an added middle J, a penchant for a funky riff and eye for a beguiling tune.
Check this cracking danceable video out, where one could ponder if the middle J stands for “Jacko!”
Not that I’m usually one to allow a cracking video convince me, even with dancing stormtroopers. So, you should note, he’s on his third album “Buy all the $tuff,” of which you can, here. I’m reckoning I need a window to review this fully in the near future. For now it came as big as a nice surprise as spotting an unidentified circular yellow object in the sky this morning, for a near halfhour! Amazing.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- A Beginner’s Introduction to Oils in All Cannings with Arts TogetherA little-known personal fact, at the tender age of twelve I won a posh set of Windsor & Newton oil paints via a Kellogg’s competition, … Continue reading “A Beginner’s Introduction to Oils in All Cannings with Arts Together”
- Hometown Gig for Nothing Rhymes with OrangeFirst one in what I hope to be a series diverting negative local social media hysteria about wayward youths in our area, must be a … Continue reading “Hometown Gig for Nothing Rhymes with Orange”
- Gazette & Herald to Buy Out DevizineIn a deal I’ve been trying to clench for a year now, Newsquest, owners of Wiltshire based newspapers, including the Gazette & Herald have taken … Continue reading “Gazette & Herald to Buy Out Devizine”
- Wharf-ing Back To Happiness!Do you remember the wonderful sounds of The Shadows and The Tornadoes beaming across the airwaves from Radio Caroline with their spellbinding instrumentals; Apache, Foot … Continue reading “Wharf-ing Back To Happiness!”
- Catherine Read to stand as Green Party Parliamentary candidate for DevizesLast Week, the Green Party announced Catherine Read as their candidate for the next General Election in Devizes…..And I know what many will have to … Continue reading “Catherine Read to stand as Green Party Parliamentary candidate for Devizes”
- Song of the Week: Talk in CodeYou can’t stay on the sunny side of the street; you’ve got to cross over at some point. But if the blurb I’m sent for … Continue reading “Song of the Week: Talk in Code”
- REVIEW – Measure For Measure @ Wharf Theatre, Devizes – Monday 27th March 2023First Night Triumph by Andy Fawthrop Images used with kind permission of Chris Watkins Media Again it was a real pleasure to bowl along to … Continue reading “REVIEW – Measure For Measure @ Wharf Theatre, Devizes – Monday 27th March 2023”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 29th March – 4th April 2023Here we go, headlong into April with lots to do.…. Said it before, I’ll say it again, more stuff will be added, this is published … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 29th March – 4th April 2023”
- Poetika Open Mic Night The Winchester gate, Salisbury. Tues 21st March 2023By Helen Edwards A few weeks ago whilst scrolling through social media an advert for this event came up. Intrigued and having never been to a … Continue reading “Poetika Open Mic Night The Winchester gate, Salisbury. Tues 21st March 2023”
- Concrete Prairie at The SouthgateWithout cloning technology it was another Saturday night dilemma still as easily solved; Concrete Prairie were at The Gate, arm twisted…. From The Barge to … Continue reading “Concrete Prairie at The Southgate”