Ever just float around your favourite social media site with no objective in mind, to unexpectedly find something which pounces on you as utterly brilliant, and wonder why you’ve not heard about it before?
Took a second of watching this to establish it’s one of those rare occasions, and not just a pointless scrolling exercise for your index finger. You know the kind, where you only see your mate’s unappealing dinner, a wonky, windup political opinion, or video of a young prankster posing as a magician hoaxing eye candy on a Florida beach.
Took a further second to confirm it’s not to be confused with senior easy listening giant, Andy Williams, rather an indie-pop Bristol-based singer-songwriter namesake, but with an added middle J, a penchant for a funky riff and eye for a beguiling tune.
Check this cracking danceable video out, where one could ponder if the middle J stands for “Jacko!”
Not that I’m usually one to allow a cracking video convince me, even with dancing stormtroopers. So, you should note, he’s on his third album “Buy all the $tuff,” of which you can, here. I’m reckoning I need a window to review this fully in the near future. For now it came as big as a nice surprise as spotting an unidentified circular yellow object in the sky this morning, for a near halfhour! Amazing.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- Pretty in Pink Longcoats!Bath’s young indie-pop favourites, Longcoats has a forthcoming belter of a single, with a generous slice of retrospection; you may admire them again today. As … Continue reading “Pretty in Pink Longcoats!”
- Reggae Perfection; Winds of MatterhornAgain, we find ourselves in the most unsuspecting part of the world to find the perfect reggae sound, Switzerland. Fruits Records release Winds of Matterhorn … Continue reading “Reggae Perfection; Winds of Matterhorn”
- Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor YellowheadThe Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole Chapter Four: in which our heroes awake in unusual circumstances. Recap: Can you stop asking me for a recap, … Continue reading “Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead”
- Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at StonehengeWith the green light given for the A303 tunnel at Stonehenge, the lockdown restrictions at winter solstice and EH’s solstice parking fee demands, it’s understandable … Continue reading “Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at Stonehenge”
- Song of the Day 34: Jon AmorHere’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost … Continue reading “Song of the Day 34: Jon Amor”
- Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close CampaignIt has been some time since we’ve covered the disgraceful fiasco at Rowde’s Furlong Close, where residents with learning disabilities face closure of the HFT … Continue reading “Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close Campaign”
- Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional PotholeChapter Three: in which our intrepid heroes arrive in Davizes, stop for refreshments and move onwards to face the mighty potholes of the A342. Recap: … Continue reading “Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole”
- Horses of the Gods; We Wish You HealthI once reviewed a cassette with a photocopied punk-paste zine style picture of Mr Blobby as the cover, where a distraught male voice screeched, “take … Continue reading “Horses of the Gods; We Wish You Health”
- McDonalds Coming to Devizes….Yes, you read it right, it’s been confirmed in a Devizes Town Council Zoom meeting this week, permission has been granted after decades of rejections, … Continue reading “McDonalds Coming to Devizes….”
- Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!It’s not just me, is it? Eighteen seconds into the Cult’s She Sells Sanctuary, you know, when it breaks, and you’re like, that’s it, right … Continue reading “Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!”