August, two years ago I got on my high horse and exposed the dangerously damaged playpark equipment in Rowde‘s Silverlands Road.
Sadly, over this time the main remaining piece of equipment, the climbing frame, was taped off, leaving the children with one “wobbly” bench left in working order.
Also wrapped in red tape was the Rowde Parish Council’s ability to do much about it, being owned by Wiltshire Council. Unfair to hand over such an asset in such a state of dilapidaton, the issue was lost in limbo.
My emails to Wiltshire Council and in particular, Cllr Anna Cuthbert fell on deaf ears. Seemed despite the article recieveing over 3k hits, it was still superficial to bother to reply.
Enough to leave a soul feeling despondent towards any realisation complaints have any effect on the progress of our county council.
But today I’m glad to be able to update it with positive news. After one final push, contacting councillor Laura Mayes, who promised to “look into it,” an agreement has been met, and working with Rowde Parish Council Clerk, Laura has secured over £20,000 funding from Wiltshire Council to re-design the playground. Please contact her with ideas on what could be included.
So a massive thanks goes to Rowde Parish Council and Cllr Laura Mayes this week for their sterling efforts. Thus proving, over time, a long time abielt, things can be put into action!
- Plastic Free Devizes?I’m guilty, I admit, I think many of us are, driven by a hurtling civilisation, an archaic method of consumer comfort, but 38.5 million plastic … Continue reading “Plastic Free Devizes?”
- Does Wiltshire Council’s Climate Strategy Lack Ambition and Commitment?A month after Wiltshire Council’s Climate Strategy was criticised by the Wiltshire Climate Alliance for lacking “ambition and commitment to achieving its goal of seeking … Continue reading “Does Wiltshire Council’s Climate Strategy Lack Ambition and Commitment?”
- Female of the Species Blow the Roof of The Assembly Hall, for CarmelaEntertainment events in the county blossoming out of lockdown came to a pinnacle this weekend. We were spoiled for choice, and without cloning technology the … Continue reading “Female of the Species Blow the Roof of The Assembly Hall, for Carmela”
- Boo! Spooky Halloween Happenings for Everyone!Fantastic and spooky image of St Johns, Devizes, used with permission from Simon Folkard Photography I say everyone, but it’s the inbetweenies always at a … Continue reading “Boo! Spooky Halloween Happenings for Everyone!”
- The Devizes Eisteddfod for November; Closing date for Entries is TuesdayClosing date for Entries is Tuesday 12th October, for The Devizes Eisteddfod, a five-day competitive festival of music, drama, speech, dance, writing, art and photography … Continue reading “The Devizes Eisteddfod for November; Closing date for Entries is Tuesday”
- Barry Reviews Strange Folk at The Southgate!Well, what can I say? They might lose a couple of brownie points for the singer continuously referring to me as “Barry,” but Somerset-Hampshire psych-folk … Continue reading “Barry Reviews Strange Folk at The Southgate!”
- Nought to 60 with the Near Jazz ExperienceFooled by my own fool proof system must make me more of a fool than I give myself credit for. It’s an elderly memory malfunction … Continue reading “Nought to 60 with the Near Jazz Experience”
- Freya Beer’s BeastDriving my inner-goth, I’m comfortable with this, because London-based Freya Beer’s voice is hauntingly alluring, similar to Nina Persson of The Cardigans, or more obviously, … Continue reading “Freya Beer’s Beast”
- And the Winner of our Gary Delaney Competition is….And there we have it, our competition to win two tickets to Gary Delaney at the Corn Exchange has come to closing date for entries; … Continue reading “And the Winner of our Gary Delaney Competition is….”
- CSF Professional Wrestling celebrate 23 years of live events as the Corn Exchange23 years of wrestling, is a lot of wrestling, I’ve got to wonder if I’d manage 23 seconds in the ring. Because if you know … Continue reading “CSF Professional Wrestling celebrate 23 years of live events as the Corn Exchange”