Can you go twice on our Song of the Day feature? No, certainly not, one shot is all, get over it!
Wha? Cabin fever, me? Getting tetchy, perpetual rain the only visible sign of spring, going to need Google maps to locate my local pub if it ever gets back to normal, whatever normal is, been so long, forgotten, might need retraining in how to order a pint… ah, okay, point taken. I’m calm….
Here we go with the brilliant Big Ship Alliance reggae band, who may’ve had a Song of Day before but hey, when you hear this you’ll realise why I’m making the exception to my steadfast iron ruling.
My Life, it’s called, featuring Mitchell Joseph Thompson, and the Alliance introduces us to the incredible Kiano Taylee. At 13, it’s an emotive and sentimental debut single, capturing teenage anguish, bullying and family issues which bear heavy on modern youth. Moving stuff.
For the record, I was young once too, you know. But, don’t let me get started on my memoirs, it’s a longwinded tale of nothingness but reading the Beano and eating spaghetti hoops. But, that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?Glamping and other plush extras add to the allure of a modern-day festival, but how far are you willing to go to make your festie … Continue reading “Bit of a Shindig; The Most Luxurious Festival in The West?”
- Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt SongNationwide hunt saboteurs and animal rights activists have inspired those gypsy-folk misfits, Mobius Loop to create this righteous tune, the Foxtrot Tally Hoedown; and we … Continue reading “Mobius Loop Launch Anti-Hunt Song”
- Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await RefundTicketholders for the hugely publicised Bath Reggae Festival still awaiting a refund after the festival was cancelled in August last year are getting understandably disgruntled, … Continue reading “Bath Reggae Festival Ticketholders Still Await Refund”
- Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul CombinationHey you, with the comb in your back pocket, imagine if the Brand New Heavies were signed by Motown in 1964, and you’d be a … Continue reading “Soultimate; The Piaggio Soul Combination”
- Talk in Code; Young Loves DreamersSet to release their new single ‘Young Loves Dream’ on Friday 11th February across all digital platforms, Talk in Code are rinsing their inimitable and … Continue reading “Talk in Code; Young Loves Dreamers”
- Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s DevizesIf there’s one venue I’m delighted to pen an event preview for, this new year, it has to be St Mary’s Church in Devizes. The … Continue reading “Singing Bishop with Stories to Tell Comes to St. Mary’s Devizes”
- Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With StimulusIf the brilliant evening with The Allergies at Devizes’ Muck & Dundar this month did anything more than cause me to dance my socks off, … Continue reading “Bristol’s The Scribes Signed With Stimulus”
- Baber and Wileman set to ChillMeditatively strap yourself into a comfy recliner, as under his pseudonym Karda Estra, Swindon’s prolific experimental virtuoso Richard Wileman is in collaboration with Sanguine Hum … Continue reading “Baber and Wileman set to Chill”
- Devizes Town Band to Head on a Fantastic JourneyFor their first outing of the year, Devizes Town Band plan to get all Phileas Fogg and beyond, taking the Corn Exchange on a fantastic … Continue reading “Devizes Town Band to Head on a Fantastic Journey”
- Stormtrooper in a Teacup at Devizes Town CouncilA Saturday afternoon, I’m trying to watch the new Boba Fett Star Wars series here, and what’s more important, I ask you; me being fair … Continue reading “Stormtrooper in a Teacup at Devizes Town Council”