Can you go twice on our Song of the Day feature? No, certainly not, one shot is all, get over it!
Wha? Cabin fever, me? Getting tetchy, perpetual rain the only visible sign of spring, going to need Google maps to locate my local pub if it ever gets back to normal, whatever normal is, been so long, forgotten, might need retraining in how to order a pint… ah, okay, point taken. I’m calm….
Here we go with the brilliant Big Ship Alliance reggae band, who may’ve had a Song of Day before but hey, when you hear this you’ll realise why I’m making the exception to my steadfast iron ruling.
My Life, it’s called, featuring Mitchell Joseph Thompson, and the Alliance introduces us to the incredible Kiano Taylee. At 13, it’s an emotive and sentimental debut single, capturing teenage anguish, bullying and family issues which bear heavy on modern youth. Moving stuff.
For the record, I was young once too, you know. But, don’t let me get started on my memoirs, it’s a longwinded tale of nothingness but reading the Beano and eating spaghetti hoops. But, that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!Have you seen this, at the Euros? When in defence of a freekick they have a guy lying on the ground behind the wall like … Continue reading “Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!”
- Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact ZoneFinal piece of the series then, and a conclusion… One More Tune!!! By 1994 the Criminal Justice Bill had become an act. Attempts to enforce … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact Zone”
- Lady Nade; WillingAmericana folk singer-songwriter Lady Nade beautifully attributes her granddad for her traits, in the song Peace and Calm, citing his love of gardening as his … Continue reading “Lady Nade; Willing”
- Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom RacoonBlagging biros and stationery from banks and post offices, we’ve all been there, but few driven to pen a song about it. It’s one valid … Continue reading “Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom Racoon”
- Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?As a new local Facebook page for the LGBTQ+ community, Devizes Lgbtq+ springs to life, I’m left wondering exactly what social and counsel interactions are … Continue reading “Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?”
- Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy RangeNow, I know what you’re asking; aren’t you in someway affiliated with Planks’ Dairies, in which case isn’t this a shameless advertorial? Yes, and no, … Continue reading “Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy Range”
- Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf TheatreDespite the gloomy pushback to the 19th July for step four of the roadmap to reopen venues, government announced plans to pilot test live theatrical … Continue reading “Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf Theatre”
- Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on SaturdayI don’t know where the ingenious pub name The Chocolate Poodle came from, or why it had to sadly close, but it always sounds like … Continue reading “Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on Saturday”
- Lions, be on the Green!Though for trade description purposes, there were no actual lions on the Green, (not this time, it’s not 1980) if I had to sum up … Continue reading “Lions, be on the Green!”
- Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier“If you’re hanging on to a rising balloon, you’re presented with a difficult decision – let go before it’s too late or hang on and … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier”