Launched today, ‘Square Peg in a Round Hole.’ How’s that for efficiency? I know, I’m not usually this quick off the mark, must be something in the water!
But yeah, but no, though; you’ve got to hear this beauty of blues-folk from Kevin Brown, it’ll take you away with it, and we all need to get away; who’s been living in their Jimmy-jams for months?!
A song inspired by, Kevin explains, “people living on the edges of society, in and around Bath in the mid 80’s… people who don’t quite fit in.”
“We’ve chosen some stunning photographs by Steven A Chandler for the montage – they really capture the mood of the track.” And emotive it is. I’ll use the term emotive rather than ‘moody,’ if you don’t mind, Kevin, as it has a subtle uplifting hint, and it’s simply gorgeous.
Subscribe to the man’s YouTube channel, here. I’ve stressed this before, and reinforcing it by subscribing to as many as I find. It’s crucial for all musical artists that you do, gives them possible revenue, if they get to a certain amount of subscribers, but they do a LOT of them to get there. Whereas, a “YouTuber” podcasting a hoard of bling and clothes, or playing Minecraft while chatting nonsense, can elevate to stardom in a matter of milliseconds. Such is the way of modern life.
Anyhoo, that’s my song for the day, very good, carry on…
- Pretty in Pink Longcoats!Bath’s young indie-pop favourites, Longcoats has a forthcoming belter of a single, with a generous slice of retrospection; you may admire them again today. As … Continue reading “Pretty in Pink Longcoats!”
- Reggae Perfection; Winds of MatterhornAgain, we find ourselves in the most unsuspecting part of the world to find the perfect reggae sound, Switzerland. Fruits Records release Winds of Matterhorn … Continue reading “Reggae Perfection; Winds of Matterhorn”
- Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor YellowheadThe Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole Chapter Four: in which our heroes awake in unusual circumstances. Recap: Can you stop asking me for a recap, … Continue reading “Chapter 4: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead”
- Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at StonehengeWith the green light given for the A303 tunnel at Stonehenge, the lockdown restrictions at winter solstice and EH’s solstice parking fee demands, it’s understandable … Continue reading “Summer Solstice Celebrations Looking Likely at Stonehenge”
- Song of the Day 34: Jon AmorHere’s a thing, did you know the Michael and Janet Jackson duet “Scream,” is cited as the world’s most expensive music video, totaling a cost … Continue reading “Song of the Day 34: Jon Amor”
- Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close CampaignIt has been some time since we’ve covered the disgraceful fiasco at Rowde’s Furlong Close, where residents with learning disabilities face closure of the HFT … Continue reading “Wiltshire Council Leader Advises Tory Candidates to Block Correspondence With Save Furlong Close Campaign”
- Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional PotholeChapter Three: in which our intrepid heroes arrive in Davizes, stop for refreshments and move onwards to face the mighty potholes of the A342. Recap: … Continue reading “Chapter Three: The Adventures of Councillor Yellowhead: The Case of the Pam-Dimensional Pothole”
- Horses of the Gods; We Wish You HealthI once reviewed a cassette with a photocopied punk-paste zine style picture of Mr Blobby as the cover, where a distraught male voice screeched, “take … Continue reading “Horses of the Gods; We Wish You Health”
- McDonalds Coming to Devizes….Yes, you read it right, it’s been confirmed in a Devizes Town Council Zoom meeting this week, permission has been granted after decades of rejections, … Continue reading “McDonalds Coming to Devizes….”
- Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!It’s not just me, is it? Eighteen seconds into the Cult’s She Sells Sanctuary, you know, when it breaks, and you’re like, that’s it, right … Continue reading “Cult Figures; Deritend, Yes Mate!”