Launched today, ‘Square Peg in a Round Hole.’ How’s that for efficiency? I know, I’m not usually this quick off the mark, must be something in the water!
But yeah, but no, though; you’ve got to hear this beauty of blues-folk from Kevin Brown, it’ll take you away with it, and we all need to get away; who’s been living in their Jimmy-jams for months?!
A song inspired by, Kevin explains, “people living on the edges of society, in and around Bath in the mid 80’s… people who don’t quite fit in.”
“We’ve chosen some stunning photographs by Steven A Chandler for the montage – they really capture the mood of the track.” And emotive it is. I’ll use the term emotive rather than ‘moody,’ if you don’t mind, Kevin, as it has a subtle uplifting hint, and it’s simply gorgeous.
Subscribe to the man’s YouTube channel, here. I’ve stressed this before, and reinforcing it by subscribing to as many as I find. It’s crucial for all musical artists that you do, gives them possible revenue, if they get to a certain amount of subscribers, but they do a LOT of them to get there. Whereas, a “YouTuber” podcasting a hoard of bling and clothes, or playing Minecraft while chatting nonsense, can elevate to stardom in a matter of milliseconds. Such is the way of modern life.
Anyhoo, that’s my song for the day, very good, carry on…
- Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s BizzleThis is isn’t the favoured way to start a review, but this is idiot music for stupid people, if you think this is stupid then … Continue reading “Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s Bizzle”
- For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New FestivalPlanned for Saturday 28th August, from midday until 10pm, an all-day festival in Swindon’s Town Gardens will be getting Swindon rockin’, and it’s all in … Continue reading “For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New Festival”
- Daisy’s Good Luck SongsIf I learned to take heed of Sheer Music chief promoter Kieran J Moore, when he Facebook posts about a new local discovery on a … Continue reading “Daisy’s Good Luck Songs”
- Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!Rude girls grito! Far from home perhaps, but so, so worth mentioning for tropical vibes of rock steady and ska in a fashion proportionately you’ll … Continue reading “Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!”
- Longcoats Get DancingOpps, near-on delayed a month due to the amount of work involved with promoting our Julia’s House album, other stuff going on, and generally slacking … Continue reading “Longcoats Get Dancing”
- Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final CountdownLong overdue is the last third of our detailed track-listing for the compilation album, Various Artists 4Julia’s House, like most things on Devizine at the … Continue reading “Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final Countdown”
- Was a TwoManTing at the SouthgateManaged to make it somewhere between out and Micky Flanagan’s out-out last night. In other words, I didn’t change out of my manky khaki shorts … Continue reading “Was a TwoManTing at the Southgate”
- Gull Able Part 2Continuing from last week, here’s the second episode of our crime-drama, Gull Able…. if only Netflix was reading this we’d have ourselves a hit series … Continue reading “Gull Able Part 2”
- Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date … Continue reading “Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!”
- Congratulations to the Award-Winning British LionGenerally, the hospitality industry is cutthroat and fast paced, a constant competition to keep up with trends and modern consumer behaviour. While Devizes is like … Continue reading “Congratulations to the Award-Winning British Lion”