Launched today, ‘Square Peg in a Round Hole.’ How’s that for efficiency? I know, I’m not usually this quick off the mark, must be something in the water!
But yeah, but no, though; you’ve got to hear this beauty of blues-folk from Kevin Brown, it’ll take you away with it, and we all need to get away; who’s been living in their Jimmy-jams for months?!
A song inspired by, Kevin explains, “people living on the edges of society, in and around Bath in the mid 80’s… people who don’t quite fit in.”
“We’ve chosen some stunning photographs by Steven A Chandler for the montage – they really capture the mood of the track.” And emotive it is. I’ll use the term emotive rather than ‘moody,’ if you don’t mind, Kevin, as it has a subtle uplifting hint, and it’s simply gorgeous.
Subscribe to the man’s YouTube channel, here. I’ve stressed this before, and reinforcing it by subscribing to as many as I find. It’s crucial for all musical artists that you do, gives them possible revenue, if they get to a certain amount of subscribers, but they do a LOT of them to get there. Whereas, a “YouTuber” podcasting a hoard of bling and clothes, or playing Minecraft while chatting nonsense, can elevate to stardom in a matter of milliseconds. Such is the way of modern life.
Anyhoo, that’s my song for the day, very good, carry on…
- Tally-Ho for Boxing Day; Avon Vale Hunt Ride Again Admist ProtestsHere we go again, Lacock’s Boxing Day incongruous pageant of corruption and barbarism plans to go ahead this year, despite protests, as The Avon Vale … Continue reading “Tally-Ho for Boxing Day; Avon Vale Hunt Ride Again Admist Protests”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 7th-14th December 2022It’s beginning to look a lot like…. another week in early December; bar humbug! Therefore, here’s what’s doing in and around Wiltshire, all of which … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 7th-14th December 2022”
- Alex Roberts at The Barge, Honeystreet by Ben Romain and Victoria Stanley We ventured out to the Barge to catch Alex Roberts after first seeing him at The Southgate, Devizes on … Continue reading “Alex Roberts at The Barge, Honeystreet “
- Bopping Up Alfred’s Tower; A New Chippenham Band StrongholdSee, I’m not sure ol’ Alfred the Great would’ve approved of the whopping gurt folly erected in his name near Bruton. He was there to … Continue reading “Bopping Up Alfred’s Tower; A New Chippenham Band Stronghold”
- REVIEW – Gigspanner @ Pound Arts Centre, Corsham – Tuesday 29th November 2022A Night Of Extreme Violins Andy Fawthrop Yes, I know it’s not in Devizes, but it’s pretty darned close. And it was definitely worth the … Continue reading “REVIEW – Gigspanner @ Pound Arts Centre, Corsham – Tuesday 29th November 2022”
- Devizes Carnival Returning to Traditional DateSomething I’m personally impartial about, though DOCA’s carnival consultation flagged it as a major issue for many, the recent date changes of carnival is set … Continue reading “Devizes Carnival Returning to Traditional Date”
- Illingworth Celebrate Their 100th Gig!Salisbury-based acoustic rock duo John Illingworth Smith and Jolyon Dixon play The High Post Golf Club, between Amesbury and Salisbury this Friday 2nd December, and … Continue reading “Illingworth Celebrate Their 100th Gig!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 30th November – 6th December 2022No point in amending your bad behaviour now, far too late; you’ve got to have been good all year round to get on the good … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 30th November – 6th December 2022”
- Mighty Mighty; The Scribes Storm the Muck!Another fantabulous evening at Devizes’ tropical holiday resort, The Muck and Dunder rum bar, where Bristol’s boom bap trio I’ve been hailing since day dot, … Continue reading “Mighty Mighty; The Scribes Storm the Muck!”
- Dr John Otway Rocks Trowbridge’s PumpBy Lorraine Briggs The last time Otway played Trowbridge was in July 2003 at the Village Pump Festival, he returned last night to a gig … Continue reading “Dr John Otway Rocks Trowbridge’s Pump”