Launched today, ‘Square Peg in a Round Hole.’ How’s that for efficiency? I know, I’m not usually this quick off the mark, must be something in the water!
But yeah, but no, though; you’ve got to hear this beauty of blues-folk from Kevin Brown, it’ll take you away with it, and we all need to get away; who’s been living in their Jimmy-jams for months?!
A song inspired by, Kevin explains, “people living on the edges of society, in and around Bath in the mid 80’s… people who don’t quite fit in.”
“We’ve chosen some stunning photographs by Steven A Chandler for the montage – they really capture the mood of the track.” And emotive it is. I’ll use the term emotive rather than ‘moody,’ if you don’t mind, Kevin, as it has a subtle uplifting hint, and it’s simply gorgeous.
Subscribe to the man’s YouTube channel, here. I’ve stressed this before, and reinforcing it by subscribing to as many as I find. It’s crucial for all musical artists that you do, gives them possible revenue, if they get to a certain amount of subscribers, but they do a LOT of them to get there. Whereas, a “YouTuber” podcasting a hoard of bling and clothes, or playing Minecraft while chatting nonsense, can elevate to stardom in a matter of milliseconds. Such is the way of modern life.
Anyhoo, that’s my song for the day, very good, carry on…
- Plastic Free Devizes?I’m guilty, I admit, I think many of us are, driven by a hurtling civilisation, an archaic method of consumer comfort, but 38.5 million plastic … Continue reading “Plastic Free Devizes?”
- Does Wiltshire Council’s Climate Strategy Lack Ambition and Commitment?A month after Wiltshire Council’s Climate Strategy was criticised by the Wiltshire Climate Alliance for lacking “ambition and commitment to achieving its goal of seeking … Continue reading “Does Wiltshire Council’s Climate Strategy Lack Ambition and Commitment?”
- Female of the Species Blow the Roof of The Assembly Hall, for CarmelaEntertainment events in the county blossoming out of lockdown came to a pinnacle this weekend. We were spoiled for choice, and without cloning technology the … Continue reading “Female of the Species Blow the Roof of The Assembly Hall, for Carmela”
- Boo! Spooky Halloween Happenings for Everyone!Fantastic and spooky image of St Johns, Devizes, used with permission from Simon Folkard Photography I say everyone, but it’s the inbetweenies always at a … Continue reading “Boo! Spooky Halloween Happenings for Everyone!”
- The Devizes Eisteddfod for November; Closing date for Entries is TuesdayClosing date for Entries is Tuesday 12th October, for The Devizes Eisteddfod, a five-day competitive festival of music, drama, speech, dance, writing, art and photography … Continue reading “The Devizes Eisteddfod for November; Closing date for Entries is Tuesday”
- Barry Reviews Strange Folk at The Southgate!Well, what can I say? They might lose a couple of brownie points for the singer continuously referring to me as “Barry,” but Somerset-Hampshire psych-folk … Continue reading “Barry Reviews Strange Folk at The Southgate!”
- Nought to 60 with the Near Jazz ExperienceFooled by my own fool proof system must make me more of a fool than I give myself credit for. It’s an elderly memory malfunction … Continue reading “Nought to 60 with the Near Jazz Experience”
- Freya Beer’s BeastDriving my inner-goth, I’m comfortable with this, because London-based Freya Beer’s voice is hauntingly alluring, similar to Nina Persson of The Cardigans, or more obviously, … Continue reading “Freya Beer’s Beast”
- And the Winner of our Gary Delaney Competition is….And there we have it, our competition to win two tickets to Gary Delaney at the Corn Exchange has come to closing date for entries; … Continue reading “And the Winner of our Gary Delaney Competition is….”
- CSF Professional Wrestling celebrate 23 years of live events as the Corn Exchange23 years of wrestling, is a lot of wrestling, I’ve got to wonder if I’d manage 23 seconds in the ring. Because if you know … Continue reading “CSF Professional Wrestling celebrate 23 years of live events as the Corn Exchange”