Launched today, ‘Square Peg in a Round Hole.’ How’s that for efficiency? I know, I’m not usually this quick off the mark, must be something in the water!
But yeah, but no, though; you’ve got to hear this beauty of blues-folk from Kevin Brown, it’ll take you away with it, and we all need to get away; who’s been living in their Jimmy-jams for months?!
A song inspired by, Kevin explains, “people living on the edges of society, in and around Bath in the mid 80’s… people who don’t quite fit in.”
“We’ve chosen some stunning photographs by Steven A Chandler for the montage – they really capture the mood of the track.” And emotive it is. I’ll use the term emotive rather than ‘moody,’ if you don’t mind, Kevin, as it has a subtle uplifting hint, and it’s simply gorgeous.
Subscribe to the man’s YouTube channel, here. I’ve stressed this before, and reinforcing it by subscribing to as many as I find. It’s crucial for all musical artists that you do, gives them possible revenue, if they get to a certain amount of subscribers, but they do a LOT of them to get there. Whereas, a “YouTuber” podcasting a hoard of bling and clothes, or playing Minecraft while chatting nonsense, can elevate to stardom in a matter of milliseconds. Such is the way of modern life.
Anyhoo, that’s my song for the day, very good, carry on…
- Black Uhuru UK Tour Cancelled; The Plight of International Touring Post-Brexit“They can get no time to press,Because of all the distress that the society leads. What I’m a longing for is some happiness,” Black Uhuru … Continue reading “Black Uhuru UK Tour Cancelled; The Plight of International Touring Post-Brexit”
- Drag Me Down are Invincible; Fact!Ah, hark the beatific resonances of an adolescent choir, in their prime; Swindon’s metal-skater-punk three-piece Drag me Down have a new single out, destined to … Continue reading “Drag Me Down are Invincible; Fact!”
- Citizen’s Advice’s Plea for Funding From Local Councils as Wiltshire Council Slash Their BudgetDo you take Citizen’s Advice for granted? For many it’s a lifeline, the first port of call for any issues rising from legal, debt, consumer, … Continue reading “Citizen’s Advice’s Plea for Funding From Local Councils as Wiltshire Council Slash Their Budget”
- Wadworth Put Best Paw Forward with Wadwoof Walkies!Wadworth are raising money for Dogs Trust on International Dog Day with their very first Wadwoof Walkies event! On Friday August 26th, dogs and their … Continue reading “Wadworth Put Best Paw Forward with Wadwoof Walkies!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-24th August 2022Ah this is more like it, the English summer we know and love! Tad wet, but here’s what we have to do this week and … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 17th-24th August 2022”
- Devizes Rotary: Support for Ukrainian Families
- Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three CrownsPrince Akeem of Zamunda, that’s the bugger, least the fictional character played by Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, who walks over a shower of … Continue reading “Really Got Me Now; The Roughcut Rebels Storm the Three Crowns”
- Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The PelicanSafe to say, I’m reckoning, we’re now back to full velocity for live music and entertainment in Devizes post-lockdown, and once again, for a small … Continue reading “Sour Apple’s Kate Goes Diva at The Pelican”
- Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!It’s quite alright, you’ve not entered the Upside Down from Stranger Things, or another theoretical parallel universe. Station Road carpark in Devizes will be closed … Continue reading “Weird, I Find Myself Agreeing With Danny Kruger Over Station Road Carpark Closure!”
- You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-offYou’ve only got until Monday to sound your opinion on the Devizes School land sell-off, the consultation ends Monday 15th August. Go give your verbal … Continue reading “You’ve Only Got Until Monday to Sound Your Opinion on the Devizes School Land Sell-off”