Photo Credit: Redferns/Gem
I know, this feature is supposed to be for new music, promoting new and upcoming bands and artists. But here’s a notion, without the pioneers of many sounds their music would sound very different. So perhaps, when we lose a legend, we could also use it to pay tribute to them.
Sound like a plan?
Righty then, suitable for the agenda is the sad news today of the passing of the last of the three original Wailers, Neville O’Riley Livingston, aka Bunny Wailer. The red, gold and green flag flies at halfmast today, blessings to his family and friends.
And that’s my song of the day.
- Cobalt Fire’s ButterflyIn the words of the great Suggs, “but I like to stay in, and watch TV, on my own, every now and then,” after three … Continue reading “Cobalt Fire’s Butterfly”
- Billy Green’s GardenTo deal with my forgetfulness I have a to-do-list. The only issue with my to-do-list is I forget I started it; Billy Green released a … Continue reading “Billy Green’s Garden”
- George Ezra in…. Trowbridge!Dad’s taxi drops off, and the driver impatiently awaits his off-spring to exceed the bluetooth boundary; ha, I’ve got of my car stereo back. It’s … Continue reading “George Ezra in…. Trowbridge!”
- Live Jam Sessions at Swindon Hub Looking for MusiciansCentral at The Parade, Swindon Hub, an accessible, friendly community space which opened in October are aiming to host regular Saturday jamming sessions, to promote … Continue reading “Live Jam Sessions at Swindon Hub Looking for Musicians”
- Plein Air Painting at Bowood for Arts TogetherOn Saturday 2nd July 2022, there will be an exclusive chance to paint en plein air at Bowood House & Gardens in aid of Arts Together…. The … Continue reading “Plein Air Painting at Bowood for Arts Together”
- Crammer Watch Postcards; We Need Your HelpNext time you’re in Devizes town centre look out for the postcards in various shops and pubs. They’re not a wish you were here, more … Continue reading “Crammer Watch Postcards; We Need Your Help”
- Popped my Frome cherry; a Morning in a Somerset FreetownWithout certified limitations on Devizine, I freestyle the boundaries of listing events upon the ethos if it’s conceivable and practical to drive to from our … Continue reading “Popped my Frome cherry; a Morning in a Somerset Freetown”
- Music For a Royal Celebration at St Mary’s DevizesGet into the musical mood of the Platinum Jubilee with a concert in St Mary’s Church, Devizes, that showcases the Queen’s favourite music.… Talented sisters … Continue reading “Music For a Royal Celebration at St Mary’s Devizes”
- Marlborough’s Lamb Announce LambFestContrary to popular belief, particularly my kids, I was young once, and back in that iron age I used to live in a motte-and-bailey hillfort … Continue reading “Marlborough’s Lamb Announce LambFest”
- Wiltshire Council Leader Richard Clewer Condemns Election Results as “Very Concerning.”Ever wondered if our county council actually gives a hoot about you? Here’s window into the philosophy of Wiltshire Council leader Richard Clewer, his comments … Continue reading “Wiltshire Council Leader Richard Clewer Condemns Election Results as “Very Concerning.””