Okay, it’s a funny headline, but a serious message is attached to it, all about Stanley.
Stanley was born too early, at thirty weeks gestation in August 2016, and was placed in NICU. Luckily, both he and his mum came home from hospital.
Unfortunately, having been starved of oxygen during the emergency caesarean he has been left with Cerebal Palsy affecting all four limbs. As a result of this Stanley is unable to walk at all and bunnyhops everywhere he goes.
He is being assessed for Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR) surgery at Bristol Children’s Hospital and part of his treatment requires that he has as much physiotherapy as possible ahead of the surgery and for two years following, to give him the best outcome possible.
Unfortunately, he gets next to nothing in the way of physiotherapy from the NHS so it’s up to the family to fund this. The good news is, that this is working and his core strength is improving and he is now able to ‘stand’ on his knees for a short while.
To help with the cost, Stanley’s superheroic grandma, and mum to our good friend, Kieran of Sheer Music, is intending to jump out of a plane at 6000ft and freefall for 45 seconds at around 120 mph, as any gran would! “I want to add to his fund by doing something totally mad,” Teri explains, and that it surely is.
Teri is currently being treated for bowel and secondary Liver cancer, which she says is, “scary enough,” without the notion she’ll be free-falling from six feet let alone 6000!
I’m guessing she’ll be strapped to young, hunky skydiving type macho-man. I asked her this, but she didn’t reply, so as usual I’m making this little bit up! But best wishes to Teri, and if you could please sponser her in, as she puts it, “scaring myself stupid for my grandson,” every penny will go to her grandson Stanley. Thank you.
- The Next Wharf Theatre Production Will Be Glorious!How will the Wharf Theatre follow the huge success of Jesus Christ Superstar? I can tell you this much; it will be Glorious! How do … Continue reading “The Next Wharf Theatre Production Will Be Glorious!”
- Remembering Sinclair’s ZX SpectrumOkay, given the news of the sad passing of Sir Clive Sinclair last week, guaranteed you’ll see lots of photos of him in his scarf, … Continue reading “Remembering Sinclair’s ZX Spectrum”
- Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town BandIn six weeks, the historic Devizes Town Band will be performing at their first indoor concert for two years! On Sunday 31st October, Devizes Town … Continue reading “Pumpkins & Poppies with Devizes Town Band”
- We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture“We want to be there for every seriously ill child that needs us,” say Julia’s House, “but to care for families in your community, we … Continue reading “We Care Bear Selfie Sculpture”
- Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town HallA truly wonderful night was had at Trowbridge Town Hall with soul-reggae artist Onika Venus and band…. Agreed, you may have to sift through wildly … Continue reading “Onika Venus Smooths Trowbridge Town Hall”
- REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021Up Around The Blues Club By Andy Fawthrop Well, it’d been a long old time but finally – finally! – we were back after 18 … Continue reading “REVIEW – Creedence Clearwater Review – Long Street Blues Club – Saturday 18th September 2021”
- REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021You’ve Got To Laugh by Andy Fawthrop It really feels as if the old times are back with the very welcome return of Strakers’ Comedy … Continue reading “REVIEW: Strakers’ Devizes Comedy – Corn Exchange – Friday 17th September 2021”
- Eric Ravilious: Downland ManUnique exhibition to open at Wiltshire Museum Featured Image: The Westbury White Horse © Towner Eastbourne Finally opening at Wiltshire Museum on 25 September 2021 … Continue reading “Eric Ravilious: Downland Man“
- Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in ChippenhamSo, you’re planning to go out-out, the decision rests on music or a night of comedy. An unnecessary dilemma, no need for a crystal ball, … Continue reading “Real Cheesemakers go Head-to-Head with Professor Elemental in Chippenham”
- Spearmint’s Holland ParkAs spacey as Spaceman 3, I get a whopping chunk of cleansed retro Madchester with the opening of Holland Park, the new album from one … Continue reading “Spearmint’s Holland Park”