Get into the musical mood of the Platinum Jubilee with a concert in St Mary’s Church, Devizes, that showcases the Queen’s favourite music.…
Talented sisters Katja and Laura, who play the cello and violin respectively as the Serenity String Duo, have put together a selection of music for a special programme marking this milestone anniversary on Friday, 20th May.
Classical favourites by composers including Bach, Handel and Vivaldi together with a medley of hymns the Queen enjoys will feature in the first half. The second part of the evening will focus on a range of pop classics from Abba and The Beatles to Queen; to be honest, if the Queen doesn’t like Queen, what chance have we got?!
It’s the perfect playlist to serenade the country’s longest serving monarch!
Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm.
Background note: Permissions have been given to transform the 12th century Grade 1 listed St Mary’s Church into a multi-use community space . The aim is to continue events, such as the above, whilst the fund-raising gets underway.
St Mary’s would very much welcome anyone who would like to get involved in this project. For further information about the project contact Tony Scorer on email@example.com
Tickets are £15, online through ticketsource.co.uk at http://www.stmarydevizes.org.uk or book at Devizes Books or pay on the door)
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022Here’s what we’ve found to do round and about Wiltshire this coming week, unless you like staying home, scowling at your electric smart meter as … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022”
- Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel EventsYou’d be forgiven for assuming The Crown at Bishop’s Cannings desire a gothic exodus of drugged and depraved heathens sacrificing virgins into a hellfire den … Continue reading “Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel Events”
- REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022Baroque & Roll Andy Fawthrop The last time I was in St Mary’s church was well before the C-thing to see TiTCo perform Spamalot, and … Continue reading “REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022“
- Devizes Public Living Room Finds New HomeIt’s great news today, as the social circle Devizes Public Living Room has been offered The Cheese Hall to continue their weekly gatherings, by Devizes … Continue reading “Devizes Public Living Room Finds New Home”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022Here we go for this coming week, excuse me for not waffling, really not in the mood. Oh, okay, just one whinge then, if you … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022”
- Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon BrodkinDevizes Arts Festival pokes its head out of its nest this autumn, with a one night only comedy gig on Friday 4th November at the … Continue reading “Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon Brodkin”
- SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The ShamblesSpud-gun is an amusing epithet underutilised as much as the Shambles often is in ol’ Devizes town, in my honest opinion. Spudgun, best describes the … Continue reading “SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The Shambles”
- Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!Though risky, weatherwise, September seems to be the month The Devizes Food & Drink Festival has settled on, returning again this year on this pleasant … Continue reading “Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!”
- The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut AlbumA little late for the party, as ever, I’ve been procrastinating, and my computer is equally as listless; failing to save my original words on … Continue reading “The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut Album”
- Swindon Paint Fest: Live Street Art in OctoberThough Ken White’s murals have been seen across Swindon for decades, particularly his Golden Lion at the Whale Bridge roundabout on Fleming Way, contemporary street … Continue reading “Swindon Paint Fest: Live Street Art in October”