Get into the musical mood of the Platinum Jubilee with a concert in St Mary’s Church, Devizes, that showcases the Queen’s favourite music.…
Talented sisters Katja and Laura, who play the cello and violin respectively as the Serenity String Duo, have put together a selection of music for a special programme marking this milestone anniversary on Friday, 20th May.
Classical favourites by composers including Bach, Handel and Vivaldi together with a medley of hymns the Queen enjoys will feature in the first half. The second part of the evening will focus on a range of pop classics from Abba and The Beatles to Queen; to be honest, if the Queen doesn’t like Queen, what chance have we got?!
It’s the perfect playlist to serenade the country’s longest serving monarch!
Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm.
Background note: Permissions have been given to transform the 12th century Grade 1 listed St Mary’s Church into a multi-use community space . The aim is to continue events, such as the above, whilst the fund-raising gets underway.
St Mary’s would very much welcome anyone who would like to get involved in this project. For further information about the project contact Tony Scorer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are £15, online through ticketsource.co.uk at http://www.stmarydevizes.org.uk or book at Devizes Books or pay on the door)
- Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!Marlborough News reported “in the Seventies, Marlborough boasted well over twenty pubs. Now there are just six,” in an article about the retirement of longstanding … Continue reading “Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023Oh, hey there, it’s me, here to tell you what we’ve found to do in Wiltshire this week, leading us nicely until the end of … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023”
- Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots StyleIf the last thing you’d expect as the final sound you hear before leaving a festival carpark is of scraping frost off windscreens, notion of … Continue reading “Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots Style”
- Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting RoomThe Kennet & Avon Trust today revealed plans to convert the old café on Devizes Wharf, Couch Lane, into a meeting facility; how exciting! It … Continue reading “Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting Room”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023Back to a possibility of snow on Wednesday, the big freeze makes an unwelcome return, so please, if you’re heading out be careful. For those … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023”
- Delicate, Like A PsychedelicatWhat is a psychedelicat, a tin of magic mushroom flavoured Felix?! His picture on the tin certainly displays some suspiciously dilated pupils, but this exaggeration … Continue reading “Delicate, Like A Psychedelicat”
- New Lost Trades Single and Album AnnouncementIf our beloved two-part Devizes one-part Trowbridge folk harmony trio, The Lost Trades should be at the level now of aiming for reviews in the … Continue reading “New Lost Trades Single and Album Announcement”
- The Bradford Roots Music Festival ReturnsI know, it’s hardly festival weather, but this one is all inside! Inside the glorious Wiltshire Music Centre in Bradford-on-Avon that is, on Saturday 21st … Continue reading “The Bradford Roots Music Festival Returns”
- Devizes School; We Will Rock You ReviewBy Bill Green Devizes School excelled during the week of 05 December 2022, putting on a spectacular rendition of the West End show ‘We Will … Continue reading “Devizes School; We Will Rock You Review”
- Exchange; Devizes Night Club Starts Regular Open Mic SessionsCommendation must go to The Exchange night club in Devizes this week, for introduing regular open mic sessions on Fridays…. Starting on Friday 3rd February, … Continue reading “Exchange; Devizes Night Club Starts Regular Open Mic Sessions”