Facebook memories posts a year ago this week we rocked up in the Celler Bar raising money for the Waiblingen Way Fire fund, and makes me stops and think about the years I’ve been smashing out articles on Devizine. So many artists and bands we’ve mentioned, I rarely forget about them, this one I admit I nearly did. Most likely because I didn’t get the opportunity to attend Stoke-on-Trent’s teenage country sensation Emily Lockett’s gig at Dean’s Country Club, then operating at Devizes Cons Club, later at the Cavalier.
So, nice as it is to discover new talent, equally important is to recap. Emily must be nearing her twenties now, and as a musical prodigy from aged 5, her expertise shines through in a matured sense now. This track, Front Porch says it all.
And that’s my song of the day for today.
Very good. Carry on….
- Disenchanted WebbSwindon’s one-man red-hot chilli pepper, Webb is about to blow your mind, speakers and pants off with his new EP … Continue reading “Disenchanted Webb”
- Devizes Corn Exchange; Vaccine Clinic Accepting Walk-InsThe Devizes Corn Exchange is holding vaccine clinics on Wednesday 4th of August, Friday 6th ( Pfizer only) and Saturday … Continue reading “Devizes Corn Exchange; Vaccine Clinic Accepting Walk-Ins”
- Help DOCA Brighten up Devizes; An Art Project for all Ages….Devizes Outdoor Celebratory Arts are asking budding crafters and artists to help brighten up the town. “Devizes is usually festooned … Continue reading “Help DOCA Brighten up Devizes; An Art Project for all Ages….”
- September Munchies: Return of The Devizes Food & Drink FestivalA festival of gluttonous magnitude descends on Devizes, as the market town welcomes the return of The Devizes Food & … Continue reading “September Munchies: Return of The Devizes Food & Drink Festival”
- Gamer Heaven in Bristol: History of Video Games ShowWhat would get your gamer relation, (because every family has one!) leaping out of their game chair, putting their controller … Continue reading “Gamer Heaven in Bristol: History of Video Games Show”
- Song of the Day 41: Captain Accident & DisastersMeaning to bring back this simple and quick feature for a while now, and what better opportunity than a new … Continue reading “Song of the Day 41: Captain Accident & Disasters”
- T F I Thaiday FridayChecking out the little Thai cuisine delivery service in Devizes, Thaiday Friday; why am I the last to know about … Continue reading “T F I Thaiday Friday”
- Hotting up for August 2021: Things to Do Across Wiltshire and BeyondIf July saw the gradual return to normality, and cautiously events crawled back with a welcomed but awkward feeling, while … Continue reading “Hotting up for August 2021: Things to Do Across Wiltshire and Beyond”
- Stonehenge Saved!Whether, for you, it was a case of our maintaining our heritage for future generations, Pagan rights, as an economical … Continue reading “Stonehenge Saved!”
- Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s BizzleThis is isn’t the favoured way to start a review, but this is idiot music for stupid people, if you … Continue reading “Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s Bizzle”