I know, I accept your question, and let me just say, I think it’s a very good question, one which I fully intend to answer in the fullness of time, but first, let me just say this, and this alone, and let us be totally sure that this is the correct time to, indeed, as you ask, for me to answer that question, one which I think is a very good question, as I may or may not have said and I really feel it is a question which needs answering….and so on, and so forth….
Think I’ve got what it takes for national politics?! I can waffle shit for Queen and country, and yes, I promised a Song of the Day feature everyday, and I haven’t delivered on that promise for a few days now, and any excuse I could provide wouldn’t be fully truthful. That’s why I believe I’ve got what it takes, my capacity to lie is acute, and my moral responsibility is pretty much shot, besides I couldn’t possibly mess it up further than it already is anyway, so yeah; I might stand.
The fact you’re probably all watching real politicians waffling about the easing stages of lockdown, is neither here nor there. I’m going to slip our song of the day in now, when you least expect me to.
And it’s wonderful, earthy folk outfit Strange Folk, with a track called Glitter. You may recall them playing the Vinyl Realm Stage at Devizes Street Festival, you may not. But enjoy, it’s gorgeously fantastical, the kind of escapism we need right now.
Back to reality, why they gotta keep calling it a “roadmap,” for crying out loud? Boris navigating for real and you’d end up driving headlong into a lake.
Strange Folk they might be, but not as strange as those leading us, I might add. The announcement will be on all night, while the Daily Mirror managed to sum it all up, hours prior to the conference, in one neat graphic.
And that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on…..
- Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!Have you seen this, at the Euros? When in defence of a freekick they have a guy lying on the ground behind the wall like … Continue reading “Wiltshire’s Solstice Troubles, Again!”
- Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact ZoneFinal piece of the series then, and a conclusion… One More Tune!!! By 1994 the Criminal Justice Bill had become an act. Attempts to enforce … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver. Part 6: Impact Zone”
- Lady Nade; WillingAmericana folk singer-songwriter Lady Nade beautifully attributes her granddad for her traits, in the song Peace and Calm, citing his love of gardening as his … Continue reading “Lady Nade; Willing”
- Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom RacoonBlagging biros and stationery from banks and post offices, we’ve all been there, but few driven to pen a song about it. It’s one valid … Continue reading “Ska-Punk-Folk-Whatever, From The Before Times, with Boom Boom Racoon”
- Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?As a new local Facebook page for the LGBTQ+ community, Devizes Lgbtq+ springs to life, I’m left wondering exactly what social and counsel interactions are … Continue reading “Devizes; an LGBTQ+-Friendly Community, a Devizes Pride?”
- Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy RangeNow, I know what you’re asking; aren’t you in someway affiliated with Planks’ Dairies, in which case isn’t this a shameless advertorial? Yes, and no, … Continue reading “Planks Dairies Introduces Locally Sourced Organic Dairy Range”
- Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf TheatreDespite the gloomy pushback to the 19th July for step four of the roadmap to reopen venues, government announced plans to pilot test live theatrical … Continue reading “Full Steam Ahead for The Collected Grimm Tales at The Wharf Theatre”
- Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on SaturdayI don’t know where the ingenious pub name The Chocolate Poodle came from, or why it had to sadly close, but it always sounds like … Continue reading “Fiesty Fish will be at a’Becketts Vineyard on Saturday”
- Lions, be on the Green!Though for trade description purposes, there were no actual lions on the Green, (not this time, it’s not 1980) if I had to sum up … Continue reading “Lions, be on the Green!”
- Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier“If you’re hanging on to a rising balloon, you’re presented with a difficult decision – let go before it’s too late or hang on and … Continue reading “Thirty Years a Raver: Part 5: The Final Frontier”