I could scrutinise my archives, like a minister’s accountant, but without doing so I highly suspect Lady Nade has had a song featured on our Song of the Day feature once before.
Futile to check, as if I’ve implimented a ruling of one song per artist on our feature, which I haven’t. And even if I had, I’m my own boss here, and have every right to override it. And for what? What purpose?
I’ll tell you, shall I? If only to share and spread the word, this is a gorgeous tune, with a video nodding to her home city, Bristol, and its hint of topical affairs, despite the conotations of the song not revealing a similar notion, rather a classic theme of romance.
But the soulful expertise of Lady Nade makes it look so easy, and in this beautifully executed breezy ballad, one can only gasp at her skill and wallow in its splendour.
And that’s my song of the day!! Very good, carry on…..
- Jon Amor, Friends, and the SouthgateJeepers. No one works that hard on a Sunday, surely? Even if your boss shoves a Sunday shift unwillingly on you, you brush as much … Continue reading “Jon Amor, Friends, and the Southgate”
- Hooch on StreamingOnce a cover band, east Wiltshire’s rootsy four-piece Hooch have moved to writing and recording original material. Their discography goes onto music streaming sites today … Continue reading “Hooch on Streaming”
- Full-Tone Stands AloneFull Tone Festival August Bank Holiday then, penny for your thoughts on that one…… Five irritating wannabes handpicked for their conflicting personalities vote on each … Continue reading “Full-Tone Stands Alone”
- REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival 2022A Great Festival – Now What About The Future? Andy Fawthrop Well, the 2022 Devizes Arts Festival has now drawn to its successful close. Thanks … Continue reading “REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival 2022”
- Timid Deer; back with more Melodies for the NocturnalSalisbury may be a grey area for us, we don’t get to hear a great deal about the music scene there. I guess they have … Continue reading “Timid Deer; back with more Melodies for the Nocturnal”
- Weekend Roundup: 30th June – 3rd July 2022Full throttle into July, then; here’s what the weekend looks like around these parts. These parts of cultural void, so it’s claimed, we say otherwise…. … Continue reading “Weekend Roundup: 30th June – 3rd July 2022”
- REVIEW – Tamsin Quin & Vince Bell @ The Southgate, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022300 and still counting! Andy Fawthrop Is it really (not that) long? Debs suddenly realised over the weekend that this was the 300th gig that … Continue reading “REVIEW – Tamsin Quin & Vince Bell @ The Southgate, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022”
- REVIEW – Fulltone Strings @ Town Hall, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022Four Seasons In One Day Andy Fawthrop There’s no respite if you’re into your culture in D-Town these days. Fresh off the back of the … Continue reading “REVIEW – Fulltone Strings @ Town Hall, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022”
- Miracle at MantonFest!Ah yeah, Paul McCartney whisked Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl out of his hat at Glasto, and no one can top that, no one dare … Continue reading “Miracle at MantonFest!”
- REVIEW – Sarah C Ryan Band @ The Southgate, Devizes – Saturday 25th June 2022Another Great Find Andy Fawthrop Ah – you never know what life is going to throw up at you till it smacks you right in … Continue reading “REVIEW – Sarah C Ryan Band @ The Southgate, Devizes – Saturday 25th June 2022”