Cheese, Chilli, in a festival format was on the cards at a Devizes Town Council meeting this week.….
The Market Manager is in communication with a company to attend Devizes, for a possible Cheese and Chilli Festival in 2023. As of yet details are unconfirmed, but if a cheese and chilli festival is something you’d stomach, you should let them know by shouting “cheese and chilli!” whenever you see a passing town councillor!
Cheese and Chilli Festivals are popular, held annually in locations throughout the south of England, including Christchurch, Winchester, Swindon and Guildford. They support live variety acts, like the rather apt fire juggling, and music, and would be a welcome addition to our town’s event calendar. But don’t don your sombrero yet, amigo, just keep fingers crossed.
“I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down
And the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns
The ring of fire, the ring of fire,” Johnny Cash (after a chesse & chili festival.)
- Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!Marlborough News reported “in the Seventies, Marlborough boasted well over twenty pubs. Now there are just six,” in an article about the retirement of longstanding … Continue reading “Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023Oh, hey there, it’s me, here to tell you what we’ve found to do in Wiltshire this week, leading us nicely until the end of … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023”
- Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots StyleIf the last thing you’d expect as the final sound you hear before leaving a festival carpark is of scraping frost off windscreens, notion of … Continue reading “Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots Style”
- Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting RoomThe Kennet & Avon Trust today revealed plans to convert the old café on Devizes Wharf, Couch Lane, into a meeting facility; how exciting! It … Continue reading “Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting Room”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023Back to a possibility of snow on Wednesday, the big freeze makes an unwelcome return, so please, if you’re heading out be careful. For those … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023”
- Delicate, Like A PsychedelicatWhat is a psychedelicat, a tin of magic mushroom flavoured Felix?! His picture on the tin certainly displays some suspiciously dilated pupils, but this exaggeration … Continue reading “Delicate, Like A Psychedelicat”
- New Lost Trades Single and Album AnnouncementIf our beloved two-part Devizes one-part Trowbridge folk harmony trio, The Lost Trades should be at the level now of aiming for reviews in the … Continue reading “New Lost Trades Single and Album Announcement”
- The Bradford Roots Music Festival ReturnsI know, it’s hardly festival weather, but this one is all inside! Inside the glorious Wiltshire Music Centre in Bradford-on-Avon that is, on Saturday 21st … Continue reading “The Bradford Roots Music Festival Returns”
- Devizes School; We Will Rock You ReviewBy Bill Green Devizes School excelled during the week of 05 December 2022, putting on a spectacular rendition of the West End show ‘We Will … Continue reading “Devizes School; We Will Rock You Review”
- Exchange; Devizes Night Club Starts Regular Open Mic SessionsCommendation must go to The Exchange night club in Devizes this week, for introduing regular open mic sessions on Fridays…. Starting on Friday 3rd February, … Continue reading “Exchange; Devizes Night Club Starts Regular Open Mic Sessions”