Nigel writes to confirm he’s from the “Devizes side of Bristol!” Had to laugh about the perceived strictness of an obnoxious aging school teacher, and feel I should explain. While Devizine does offer local news subjects, since lockdown we’ve blown up our border control and now rampage internationally when it comes to featuring arts and music. So, it makes hide nor hair what side of Bristol you come from, or even if you come from Bristol Connecticut, if I like it or I think my readers will, I’ll mention it, and despite the title, Boring, yeah, I do.
Seems we’re alike, Nigel, least in the concept don’t judge a book by its cover, because this nugget of quirky art-pop reminds me of Talking Heads and is far from boring. Nigel explained the meaning, “[it’s] written after spending time with people who only seem to like the sound of their own voice – warning, I may be one of them!” Yep, me too. But if we’re not one of them, we all know one who is.
“The song started off as a Stones/Pistols rant,” he continued, “and has developed into a soft indie rock stomp, with an added lyrical twist at the end.”
It’s the first single from a forthcoming album, Hello Mystery, which I think we need to review nearer the time. Until then, that’s my song of the day, very good, carry on….
- REVIEW – Gigspanner @ Pound Arts Centre, Corsham – Tuesday 29th November 2022A Night Of Extreme Violins Andy Fawthrop Yes, I know it’s not in Devizes, but it’s pretty darned close. And it was definitely worth the … Continue reading “REVIEW – Gigspanner @ Pound Arts Centre, Corsham – Tuesday 29th November 2022”
- Devizes Carnival Returning to Traditional DateSomething I’m personally impartial about, though DOCA’s carnival consultation flagged it as a major issue for many, the recent date changes of carnival is set … Continue reading “Devizes Carnival Returning to Traditional Date”
- Illingworth Celebrate Their 100th Gig!Salisbury-based acoustic rock duo John Illingworth Smith and Jolyon Dixon play The High Post Golf Club, between Amesbury and Salisbury this Friday 2nd December, and … Continue reading “Illingworth Celebrate Their 100th Gig!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 30th November – 6th December 2022No point in amending your bad behaviour now, far too late; you’ve got to have been good all year round to get on the good … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 30th November – 6th December 2022”
- Mighty Mighty; The Scribes Storm the Muck!Another fantabulous evening at Devizes’ tropical holiday resort, The Muck and Dunder rum bar, where Bristol’s boom bap trio I’ve been hailing since day dot, … Continue reading “Mighty Mighty; The Scribes Storm the Muck!”
- Dr John Otway Rocks Trowbridge’s PumpBy Lorraine Briggs The last time Otway played Trowbridge was in July 2003 at the Village Pump Festival, he returned last night to a gig … Continue reading “Dr John Otway Rocks Trowbridge’s Pump”
- DOCA Step into Christmas!As sparkly as Elton John at his most sparkliest, Devizes Outdoor Celebratory Arts pulled the tinsel out of bag for the annual Winter Festival yesterday … Continue reading “DOCA Step into Christmas!”
- Devizes First Ever Life-Size Advent CalenderFor the first time, Devizes will have its own life-size interactive Advent Calendar starting from the 1st of December. Devizes Adventure is a community event … Continue reading “Devizes First Ever Life-Size Advent Calender”
- Unemployment is a Choice, Says Wiltshire PCC Phillip WilkinsonYou’ve got to love social media for its provision into the ethics of those in positions of power. It’s beggar’s belief why no-one in the … Continue reading “Unemployment is a Choice, Says Wiltshire PCC Phillip Wilkinson”
- Devizine Podcast Pilot!Okay, so, everyone is doing a podcast these days, and I’m a sucker which finds it impossible to go against the grain. Here’s my pathetic … Continue reading “Devizine Podcast Pilot!”