Nigel writes to confirm he’s from the “Devizes side of Bristol!” Had to laugh about the perceived strictness of an obnoxious aging school teacher, and feel I should explain. While Devizine does offer local news subjects, since lockdown we’ve blown up our border control and now rampage internationally when it comes to featuring arts and music. So, it makes hide nor hair what side of Bristol you come from, or even if you come from Bristol Connecticut, if I like it or I think my readers will, I’ll mention it, and despite the title, Boring, yeah, I do.
Seems we’re alike, Nigel, least in the concept don’t judge a book by its cover, because this nugget of quirky art-pop reminds me of Talking Heads and is far from boring. Nigel explained the meaning, “[it’s] written after spending time with people who only seem to like the sound of their own voice – warning, I may be one of them!” Yep, me too. But if we’re not one of them, we all know one who is.
“The song started off as a Stones/Pistols rant,” he continued, “and has developed into a soft indie rock stomp, with an added lyrical twist at the end.”
It’s the first single from a forthcoming album, Hello Mystery, which I think we need to review nearer the time. Until then, that’s my song of the day, very good, carry on….
- Weelky Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 11th-16th AugustThe heat is on, as Glen Frey once said. Whatever did happen to Glen? You don’t have to answer that, we’re here to find out … Continue reading “Weelky Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 11th-16th August”
- Jon Amor in Residency – August 7th 2022 – The Southgate InnBy Ian Diddams After eight months of being other engaged on the first Sunday of each month, with run throughs of self-authored radio plays, Rugby … Continue reading “Jon Amor in Residency – August 7th 2022 – The Southgate Inn”
- Steeple Ashton Summer Spectacular Fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and OthersSteeple Ashton’s Summer Spectacular at the church paddock on Saturday 10th September promises a three-course street food feast, with an auction from Paul Martin of … Continue reading “Steeple Ashton Summer Spectacular Fundraising for Motor Neurone Disease Association and Others”
- Chippenham MP Boasts about Appearing on Far-Rightwing TV ChannelBeing politically correct, a near-naked rotund fellow with obesity issues mopped his greasy body with a sponge, being certain to cleanse all areas by slipping … Continue reading “Chippenham MP Boasts about Appearing on Far-Rightwing TV Channel”
- Rowde Parish Council Takes on The Kremlin!What in the wonderful world of fudge cake is going on here? Aside the appalling attention to primary school grammar, have you ever read such … Continue reading “Rowde Parish Council Takes on The Kremlin!”
- The Story of Plastic; Sustainable Devizes Free Film EventIt’s okay, do I look like, Kenneth Williams?! You don’t have to answer that. This is not Jackanory, I’m not here to tell you a … Continue reading “The Story of Plastic; Sustainable Devizes Free Film Event”
- Talk In Code Return to Swindon for a Homecoming Show & Album ReleaseWe love ‘em here at Devizine, and Swindon-based indie pop quartet, Talk In Code are set to return to The Victoria in Old Town Swindon … Continue reading “Talk In Code Return to Swindon for a Homecoming Show & Album Release”
- Sad Day for Melksham Assembly HallThe stalwart venue of Melksham is being viewed more like just a wart by town councillors, in a sad day which could see the closing … Continue reading “Sad Day for Melksham Assembly Hall”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 3rd-10th August 2022Bit cloudy, still hot, what have we got, for the coming week, quite a lot! Welcome to August one and all, nights slowly closing in, … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 3rd-10th August 2022”
- Future Lionesses? Where to Kick off into Local Football….Whatever the outcome of today’s Women’s Euro final at Wembley, it’s undoubtedly history in the making for the Lionesses, and in turn for English football. … Continue reading “Future Lionesses? Where to Kick off into Local Football….”