Give or take a week, it’s been two years since Devizes Corn Exchange reverberated rock n roll when Liverpool’s entertainer Asa Murphy presented his Buddy Holly tribute show. An amazing fundraising night, in dedication to local music hero Bruce Hopkins, the show had perfect renditions of Buddy’s songs wrapped in a simple narrative to set the scenes, and by the end, Age Concern need not be called as young and old, the audience danced in the aisles!
Deja-vu on many preview pieces we wrote about this time last year, including announcing Asa set to return without the Buddy specs in April with a variety performance and handpicked guest appearances.
Obviously and sadly, it couldn’t be, but I’m pleased to now re-announce the Corn Exchange is booked for this show on October 16th, and will feature the original lineup; superb sixties singer, Sandy Collins and Lennie Anderson, an excellent comic.
Tickets are on sale at Devizes Books, which you can call to secure your seats until the shop is bookshop is open again for business.
For more details you could check last year’s preview, by clicking here; saves me writing it all again, but don’t look directly at the old date, look around that date and concentrate your mind on October 16th 2021! Oh, and I hope to see you there!
- Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s BizzleThis is isn’t the favoured way to start a review, but this is idiot music for stupid people, if you think this is stupid then … Continue reading “Idiot Music, is the Monkey’s Bizzle”
- For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New FestivalPlanned for Saturday 28th August, from midday until 10pm, an all-day festival in Swindon’s Town Gardens will be getting Swindon rockin’, and it’s all in … Continue reading “For Dave Young; Swindon’s Old Town Bowl Rocks for Charity This August with New Festival”
- Daisy’s Good Luck SongsIf I learned to take heed of Sheer Music chief promoter Kieran J Moore, when he Facebook posts about a new local discovery on a … Continue reading “Daisy’s Good Luck Songs”
- Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!Rude girls grito! Far from home perhaps, but so, so worth mentioning for tropical vibes of rock steady and ska in a fashion proportionately you’ll … Continue reading “Girls Go Ska; Frente al Mar!”
- Longcoats Get DancingOpps, near-on delayed a month due to the amount of work involved with promoting our Julia’s House album, other stuff going on, and generally slacking … Continue reading “Longcoats Get Dancing”
- Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final CountdownLong overdue is the last third of our detailed track-listing for the compilation album, Various Artists 4Julia’s House, like most things on Devizine at the … Continue reading “Tracks 4Julia’s House Album; The Final Countdown”
- Was a TwoManTing at the SouthgateManaged to make it somewhere between out and Micky Flanagan’s out-out last night. In other words, I didn’t change out of my manky khaki shorts … Continue reading “Was a TwoManTing at the Southgate”
- Gull Able Part 2Continuing from last week, here’s the second episode of our crime-drama, Gull Able…. if only Netflix was reading this we’d have ourselves a hit series … Continue reading “Gull Able Part 2”
- Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date … Continue reading “Devizes Issues or The Ministry of Truth?!”
- Congratulations to the Award-Winning British LionGenerally, the hospitality industry is cutthroat and fast paced, a constant competition to keep up with trends and modern consumer behaviour. While Devizes is like … Continue reading “Congratulations to the Award-Winning British Lion”