Give or take a week, it’s been two years since Devizes Corn Exchange reverberated rock n roll when Liverpool’s entertainer Asa Murphy presented his Buddy Holly tribute show. An amazing fundraising night, in dedication to local music hero Bruce Hopkins, the show had perfect renditions of Buddy’s songs wrapped in a simple narrative to set the scenes, and by the end, Age Concern need not be called as young and old, the audience danced in the aisles!
Deja-vu on many preview pieces we wrote about this time last year, including announcing Asa set to return without the Buddy specs in April with a variety performance and handpicked guest appearances.
Obviously and sadly, it couldn’t be, but I’m pleased to now re-announce the Corn Exchange is booked for this show on October 16th, and will feature the original lineup; superb sixties singer, Sandy Collins and Lennie Anderson, an excellent comic.
Tickets are on sale at Devizes Books, which you can call to secure your seats until the shop is bookshop is open again for business.
For more details you could check last year’s preview, by clicking here; saves me writing it all again, but don’t look directly at the old date, look around that date and concentrate your mind on October 16th 2021! Oh, and I hope to see you there!
- Picnic at Hanging Rock, Via The Wharf TheatreOpening on Halloween and ending on Guy Fawkes Night, the next production at Devizes Wharf Theatre promises to be a mysteriously eerie…. Written by Joan … Continue reading “Picnic at Hanging Rock, Via The Wharf Theatre”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022Here’s what we’ve found to do round and about Wiltshire this coming week, unless you like staying home, scowling at your electric smart meter as … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022”
- Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel EventsYou’d be forgiven for assuming The Crown at Bishop’s Cannings desire a gothic exodus of drugged and depraved heathens sacrificing virgins into a hellfire den … Continue reading “Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel Events”
- REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022Baroque & Roll Andy Fawthrop The last time I was in St Mary’s church was well before the C-thing to see TiTCo perform Spamalot, and … Continue reading “REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022“
- Devizes Public Living Room Finds New HomeIt’s great news today, as the social circle Devizes Public Living Room has been offered The Cheese Hall to continue their weekly gatherings, by Devizes … Continue reading “Devizes Public Living Room Finds New Home”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022Here we go for this coming week, excuse me for not waffling, really not in the mood. Oh, okay, just one whinge then, if you … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022”
- Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon BrodkinDevizes Arts Festival pokes its head out of its nest this autumn, with a one night only comedy gig on Friday 4th November at the … Continue reading “Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon Brodkin”
- SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The ShamblesSpud-gun is an amusing epithet underutilised as much as the Shambles often is in ol’ Devizes town, in my honest opinion. Spudgun, best describes the … Continue reading “SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The Shambles”
- Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!Though risky, weatherwise, September seems to be the month The Devizes Food & Drink Festival has settled on, returning again this year on this pleasant … Continue reading “Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!”
- The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut AlbumA little late for the party, as ever, I’ve been procrastinating, and my computer is equally as listless; failing to save my original words on … Continue reading “The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut Album”