Give or take a week, it’s been two years since Devizes Corn Exchange reverberated rock n roll when Liverpool’s entertainer Asa Murphy presented his Buddy Holly tribute show. An amazing fundraising night, in dedication to local music hero Bruce Hopkins, the show had perfect renditions of Buddy’s songs wrapped in a simple narrative to set the scenes, and by the end, Age Concern need not be called as young and old, the audience danced in the aisles!
Deja-vu on many preview pieces we wrote about this time last year, including announcing Asa set to return without the Buddy specs in April with a variety performance and handpicked guest appearances.
Obviously and sadly, it couldn’t be, but I’m pleased to now re-announce the Corn Exchange is booked for this show on October 16th, and will feature the original lineup; superb sixties singer, Sandy Collins and Lennie Anderson, an excellent comic.
Tickets are on sale at Devizes Books, which you can call to secure your seats until the shop is bookshop is open again for business.
For more details you could check last year’s preview, by clicking here; saves me writing it all again, but don’t look directly at the old date, look around that date and concentrate your mind on October 16th 2021! Oh, and I hope to see you there!
- Webb Dreams of a White ChristmasIf we had a lot to say about Webbs’ head-turning metal EP Disenchanted, back in August, there’s a version of Irving Berlin’s classic, White Christmas … Continue reading “Webb Dreams of a White Christmas”
- Wiltshire to Freeze in Ice Age Temperatures, Especially Devizes!We’ve teamed up with Wiltshire Live to bring you this clickbait and vastly overemphasised weather warning exclusive.…. The MET Office (MET stands for my exaggerated … Continue reading “Wiltshire to Freeze in Ice Age Temperatures, Especially Devizes!”
- Wiltshire Blues & Soul Club Brings Blues Royalty to DevizesIf local media are reporting tomorrow’s arrival of the Duchess of Cornwall to Devizes, here to browse Wiltshire Museum’s Ravilious Downland Man exhibition, and erm, … Continue reading “Wiltshire Blues & Soul Club Brings Blues Royalty to Devizes”
- Thieves Break into Ambulance in DevizesDevizes-based event medical company, GWP reported their rapid response vehicle was broken into over the weekend, and approximately £1,000 worth of vital lifesaving equipment and … Continue reading “Thieves Break into Ambulance in Devizes”
- The Allergies Rock Da Muck & Dunder HouseImages by Chris Dunn of Inscope Design Got my groove thang on at the Muck & Dunder, Saturday, with help from The Allergies; yeah, I … Continue reading “The Allergies Rock Da Muck & Dunder House”
- Chatting With The Lost TradesLocal newspapers ran with a yarn of snow blizzards, due Saturday, and illustrated the clickbait with scenes of worst weather of yore. The laughable reality … Continue reading “Chatting With The Lost Trades”
- REVIEW – Antonio Forcione @ LSBC, Devizes – Saturday 27th November 2021Italian Jazz Guitarist Andy Fawthrop This was the third Long Street Blues Club weekend gig on the bounce for me. Following Gerry Jablonski Band two … Continue reading “REVIEW – Antonio Forcione @ LSBC, Devizes – Saturday 27th November 2021”
- Cracking DOCA Christmas Festival on Fridayby T.B.D Rose Finally, after a missed year (best to write 2020 off the map) our Christmas festival was back on Friday and as illuminating … Continue reading “Cracking DOCA Christmas Festival on Friday”
- New Grey Whistle Test: Visual Radio Arts Arrives in DevizesNot just on the premise of tea and nibbles, I find myself at Bath Road Business Centre. The Wharf Theatre’s old prop store has been … Continue reading “New Grey Whistle Test: Visual Radio Arts Arrives in Devizes”
- The Fulltone goes BIG!The F.T.O. Big Band at the Wyvern Theatre, Swindon. 21/11/2021 Ian Diddams The Fulltone Orchestra (a.k.a. FTO) was formed back in 2017, the vision and … Continue reading “The Fulltone goes BIG!”