Give or take a week, it’s been two years since Devizes Corn Exchange reverberated rock n roll when Liverpool’s entertainer Asa Murphy presented his Buddy Holly tribute show. An amazing fundraising night, in dedication to local music hero Bruce Hopkins, the show had perfect renditions of Buddy’s songs wrapped in a simple narrative to set the scenes, and by the end, Age Concern need not be called as young and old, the audience danced in the aisles!
Deja-vu on many preview pieces we wrote about this time last year, including announcing Asa set to return without the Buddy specs in April with a variety performance and handpicked guest appearances.
Obviously and sadly, it couldn’t be, but I’m pleased to now re-announce the Corn Exchange is booked for this show on October 16th, and will feature the original lineup; superb sixties singer, Sandy Collins and Lennie Anderson, an excellent comic.
Tickets are on sale at Devizes Books, which you can call to secure your seats until the shop is bookshop is open again for business.
For more details you could check last year’s preview, by clicking here; saves me writing it all again, but don’t look directly at the old date, look around that date and concentrate your mind on October 16th 2021! Oh, and I hope to see you there!
- Song of the Week: Sienna WilemanOkay, I admit it, our Song of the Day feature was too optimistic, and failing every day to post a tune meant it fell by … Continue reading “Song of the Week: Sienna Wileman”
- REVIEW – Comedy Night @ The Piggy Bank, Calne – Tuesday 31st January 2023What’s Funny About Tuesday Night? Andy Fawthrop You know how we’ve previously moaned on and on (and on) on these pages before about the lack … Continue reading “REVIEW – Comedy Night @ The Piggy Bank, Calne – Tuesday 31st January 2023”
- On The Wayside with VidualsAkin to Ghostbuster’s nemesis Slimer when he appears over the hotdog stand, I was squatting a spacious windowsill at Wiltshire Music Centre with an Evie’s … Continue reading “On The Wayside with Viduals”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 1st – 7th February 2023Thank the heavens we can kick January out of the door! It’s been a warmer week though, hasn’t it? Still wouldn’t reach for the Hawaiian … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 1st – 7th February 2023”
- Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!Marlborough News reported “in the Seventies, Marlborough boasted well over twenty pubs. Now there are just six,” in an article about the retirement of longstanding … Continue reading “Marlborough’s Lamb Landlord Farewell Gig Will Be Pants!”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023Oh, hey there, it’s me, here to tell you what we’ve found to do in Wiltshire this week, leading us nicely until the end of … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 25th-31th January 2023”
- Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots StyleIf the last thing you’d expect as the final sound you hear before leaving a festival carpark is of scraping frost off windscreens, notion of … Continue reading “Beating January Blues, Bradford-on-Avon Roots Style”
- Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting RoomThe Kennet & Avon Trust today revealed plans to convert the old café on Devizes Wharf, Couch Lane, into a meeting facility; how exciting! It … Continue reading “Old Wharf Café to Become Meeting Room”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023Back to a possibility of snow on Wednesday, the big freeze makes an unwelcome return, so please, if you’re heading out be careful. For those … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 18th-24th January 2023”
- Delicate, Like A PsychedelicatWhat is a psychedelicat, a tin of magic mushroom flavoured Felix?! His picture on the tin certainly displays some suspiciously dilated pupils, but this exaggeration … Continue reading “Delicate, Like A Psychedelicat”