Never assume a father posting their daughter’s song on the ol’ book of face is motivated purely by parental pride, and you’ll need to bite lip and humour them.
Learned this lesson once before, when a fellow cartoonist friend, Des, did so, and his daughter, Emma Langford was shortly after awarded the RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Award for Best Emerging Artist in 2018, shortlisted in the category of Best Folk Singer two years later, and was the first person to be awarded The Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award by Limerick County Council!
Besides, this time around the Dad is Swindon’s renowned musican Richard Wileman of Karda Estra, so I expected sonething rather special, but this still knocked me for six.
Sienna Wileman’s accomplished and beautiful single “Petals,” released today is as a chip off the old block as Ziggy Marley is to Bob. Yet through her father’s trademark enchanted ambience there’s also a sense of youthful freshness about it, the accompanying video assists.
It is, in short, a little piece of wonderful, and you can buy/stream it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09QFPQ999/
- SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The ShamblesSpud-gun is an amusing epithet underutilised as much as the Shambles often is in ol’ Devizes town, in my honest opinion. Spudgun, best describes the … Continue reading “SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The Shambles”
- Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!Though risky, weatherwise, September seems to be the month The Devizes Food & Drink Festival has settled on, returning again this year on this pleasant … Continue reading “Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!”
- The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut AlbumA little late for the party, as ever, I’ve been procrastinating, and my computer is equally as listless; failing to save my original words on … Continue reading “The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut Album”
- Swindon Paint Fest: Live Street Art in OctoberThough Ken White’s murals have been seen across Swindon for decades, particularly his Golden Lion at the Whale Bridge roundabout on Fleming Way, contemporary street … Continue reading “Swindon Paint Fest: Live Street Art in October”
- Weekly Roundup of Events 21st-27th September 2022Apologies, I missed publishing last week’s roundup, one thing gets on another and so on and so forth; I’ve really no excuse, but you know … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events 21st-27th September 2022”
- I Shuffled in Swindon, and I Liked It!Yep, It’s Swindon Shuffle weekend, and so I thought it best to poke my nose in….. Voice recognition they call it, I call it defective … Continue reading “I Shuffled in Swindon, and I Liked It!”
- Furlong Close CelebrationResidents of Furlong Close in Rowde mingled with staff, the new owners, villagers, councillors, and many of the campaigners which made up the Familes and … Continue reading “Furlong Close Celebration”
- Sheer Music Grand Return to DevizesAh, it’s on the grapevine alright; godfather of Wiltshire’s millennial live indie scene, Kieran Moore isn’t sneaking in the back door with his tail between … Continue reading “Sheer Music Grand Return to Devizes”
- Hedda Gabler at the Wharf is Seriously Thought-provokingFeatured Image: Chris Watkins Media Home after previewing a dress rehearsal at The Wharf Theatre, Devizes last night, I kissed my wife goodnight. She didn’t … Continue reading “Hedda Gabler at the Wharf is Seriously Thought-provoking”
- A Baroque Blast at St Mary’s!Kaffeehaus Culture comes to St Mary’s, Devizes on the 1st of October, bringing you some Bach, Handel & Telemann…… The acoustically rich space of St … Continue reading “A Baroque Blast at St Mary’s!”