Never assume a father posting their daughter’s song on the ol’ book of face is motivated purely by parental pride, and you’ll need to bite lip and humour them.
Learned this lesson once before, when a fellow cartoonist friend, Des, did so, and his daughter, Emma Langford was shortly after awarded the RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Award for Best Emerging Artist in 2018, shortlisted in the category of Best Folk Singer two years later, and was the first person to be awarded The Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award by Limerick County Council!
Besides, this time around the Dad is Swindon’s renowned musican Richard Wileman of Karda Estra, so I expected sonething rather special, but this still knocked me for six.
Sienna Wileman’s accomplished and beautiful single “Petals,” released today is as a chip off the old block as Ziggy Marley is to Bob. Yet through her father’s trademark enchanted ambience there’s also a sense of youthful freshness about it, the accompanying video assists.
It is, in short, a little piece of wonderful, and you can buy/stream it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09QFPQ999/
- Picnic at Hanging Rock, Via The Wharf TheatreOpening on Halloween and ending on Guy Fawkes Night, the next production at Devizes Wharf Theatre promises to be a mysteriously eerie…. Written by Joan … Continue reading “Picnic at Hanging Rock, Via The Wharf Theatre”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022Here’s what we’ve found to do round and about Wiltshire this coming week, unless you like staying home, scowling at your electric smart meter as … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 6th -12th October 2022”
- Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel EventsYou’d be forgiven for assuming The Crown at Bishop’s Cannings desire a gothic exodus of drugged and depraved heathens sacrificing virgins into a hellfire den … Continue reading “Bishop’s Cannings Crown Forced to Cancel Events”
- REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022Baroque & Roll Andy Fawthrop The last time I was in St Mary’s church was well before the C-thing to see TiTCo perform Spamalot, and … Continue reading “REVIEW – The Brook Street Band @ St Marys, Devizes – Saturday 1st October 2022“
- Devizes Public Living Room Finds New HomeIt’s great news today, as the social circle Devizes Public Living Room has been offered The Cheese Hall to continue their weekly gatherings, by Devizes … Continue reading “Devizes Public Living Room Finds New Home”
- Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022Here we go for this coming week, excuse me for not waffling, really not in the mood. Oh, okay, just one whinge then, if you … Continue reading “Weekly Roundup of Events in Wiltshire: 28thSept– 4th Oct 2022”
- Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon BrodkinDevizes Arts Festival pokes its head out of its nest this autumn, with a one night only comedy gig on Friday 4th November at the … Continue reading “Devizes Arts Festival Annouce November Comedy Night with Simon Brodkin”
- SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The ShamblesSpud-gun is an amusing epithet underutilised as much as the Shambles often is in ol’ Devizes town, in my honest opinion. Spudgun, best describes the … Continue reading “SoupChick’s Georgian Feast Got me Contemplating Usage of The Shambles”
- Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!Though risky, weatherwise, September seems to be the month The Devizes Food & Drink Festival has settled on, returning again this year on this pleasant … Continue reading “Devizes Food & Drink Festival, Back with a Dollop!”
- The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut AlbumA little late for the party, as ever, I’ve been procrastinating, and my computer is equally as listless; failing to save my original words on … Continue reading “The Best He Could Do at The Time, Joe Hicks’ Debut Album”