Never assume a father posting their daughter’s song on the ol’ book of face is motivated purely by parental pride, and you’ll need to bite lip and humour them.
Learned this lesson once before, when a fellow cartoonist friend, Des, did so, and his daughter, Emma Langford was shortly after awarded the RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Award for Best Emerging Artist in 2018, shortlisted in the category of Best Folk Singer two years later, and was the first person to be awarded The Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award by Limerick County Council!
Besides, this time around the Dad is Swindon’s renowned musican Richard Wileman of Karda Estra, so I expected sonething rather special, but this still knocked me for six.
Sienna Wileman’s accomplished and beautiful single “Petals,” released today is as a chip off the old block as Ziggy Marley is to Bob. Yet through her father’s trademark enchanted ambience there’s also a sense of youthful freshness about it, the accompanying video assists.
It is, in short, a little piece of wonderful, and you can buy/stream it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09QFPQ999/
- Jon Amor, Friends, and the SouthgateJeepers. No one works that hard on a Sunday, surely? Even if your boss shoves a Sunday shift unwillingly on you, you brush as much … Continue reading “Jon Amor, Friends, and the Southgate”
- Hooch on StreamingOnce a cover band, east Wiltshire’s rootsy four-piece Hooch have moved to writing and recording original material. Their discography goes onto music streaming sites today … Continue reading “Hooch on Streaming”
- Full-Tone Stands AloneFull Tone Festival August Bank Holiday then, penny for your thoughts on that one…… Five irritating wannabes handpicked for their conflicting personalities vote on each … Continue reading “Full-Tone Stands Alone”
- REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival 2022A Great Festival – Now What About The Future? Andy Fawthrop Well, the 2022 Devizes Arts Festival has now drawn to its successful close. Thanks … Continue reading “REVIEW – Devizes Arts Festival 2022”
- Timid Deer; back with more Melodies for the NocturnalSalisbury may be a grey area for us, we don’t get to hear a great deal about the music scene there. I guess they have … Continue reading “Timid Deer; back with more Melodies for the Nocturnal”
- Weekend Roundup: 30th June – 3rd July 2022Full throttle into July, then; here’s what the weekend looks like around these parts. These parts of cultural void, so it’s claimed, we say otherwise…. … Continue reading “Weekend Roundup: 30th June – 3rd July 2022”
- REVIEW – Tamsin Quin & Vince Bell @ The Southgate, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022300 and still counting! Andy Fawthrop Is it really (not that) long? Debs suddenly realised over the weekend that this was the 300th gig that … Continue reading “REVIEW – Tamsin Quin & Vince Bell @ The Southgate, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022”
- REVIEW – Fulltone Strings @ Town Hall, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022Four Seasons In One Day Andy Fawthrop There’s no respite if you’re into your culture in D-Town these days. Fresh off the back of the … Continue reading “REVIEW – Fulltone Strings @ Town Hall, Devizes – Sunday 26th June 2022”
- Miracle at MantonFest!Ah yeah, Paul McCartney whisked Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl out of his hat at Glasto, and no one can top that, no one dare … Continue reading “Miracle at MantonFest!”
- REVIEW – Sarah C Ryan Band @ The Southgate, Devizes – Saturday 25th June 2022Another Great Find Andy Fawthrop Ah – you never know what life is going to throw up at you till it smacks you right in … Continue reading “REVIEW – Sarah C Ryan Band @ The Southgate, Devizes – Saturday 25th June 2022”