We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, okay, you get the gist. Imagine Kate Nash is Doctor Who’s assistant, and they tracked back to Carnaby Street in 1963. If she dressed and performed without raising suspicion that they’re time travellers, you’ve got a general picture of the fantastic Emily Capell.
On one hand, this is fab retrospective meddling, on the other it’s lively and fresh fun, with a beehive hairdo.
There’s nothing here not to like, unless you’re a ret-con rocker and if so, I’ll see you on Brighton beach, pal. All I ask is you aim for the face, so you don’t crease my suit.
And, that’s my song for the day. Very good. Carry on….. oh yeah, nearly forgot to mention, Emily has a live stream coming up Friday 12th March, here; groovy.
- World Book Day; Flash Your Book at Us!Bit late for the party, as usual, it’s been World Book Day all day, hence the day bit in the name, and at 5pm I … Continue reading “World Book Day; Flash Your Book at Us!”
- Song of the Day 30: Maple Glider (A.K.A. Tori Ziestch) Naarm/Melbourne-based singer-songwriter, Maple Glider releasesd a new single today, “Good Thing.” Her striking emotionality is at the centre of her performance, which opens with her … Continue reading “Song of the Day 30: Maple Glider (A.K.A. Tori Ziestch) “
- Song of the Day 29: Bunny Wailer 1947-2021Photo Credit: Redferns/Gem I know, this feature is supposed to be for new music, promoting new and upcoming bands and artists. But here’s a notion, … Continue reading “Song of the Day 29: Bunny Wailer 1947-2021”
- Trowbridge DJ and Producer, Neonian Releases Debut EPA figure appears through the labyrinth of florescent drapes, strobing with ultra-violet lights. She’s void of expression, hypnotised in her individual realm she perpetually gyrates, … Continue reading “Trowbridge DJ and Producer, Neonian Releases Debut EP”
- A Chat with Wiltshire PCC Candidate Liz Webster“Perhaps it will take electing a determined and feisty female Lib-Dem to turn that around in standing up for our Police and communities.” Wiltshire PCC … Continue reading “A Chat with Wiltshire PCC Candidate Liz Webster”
- Make Headway for Ariel PosenTry this: think of some tunes of the decade you were born, songs which you like but don’t know why, songs which, for some reason, … Continue reading “Make Headway for Ariel Posen”
- Song of the Day 28: Kevin BrownLaunched today, ‘Square Peg in a Round Hole.’ How’s that for efficiency? I know, I’m not usually this quick off the mark, must be something … Continue reading “Song of the Day 28: Kevin Brown”
- Song of the Day 27: Emily CapellWe are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, okay, you get the gist. Imagine Kate Nash is Doctor Who’s assistant, and … Continue reading “Song of the Day 27: Emily Capell”
- And There it is, AraluenEver considered Jolene might’ve been an innocent victim of circumstance? Dolly’s husband was obsessed with her, talked about her in his sleep. But there’s no … Continue reading “And There it is, Araluen”
- Song of the Day 26: The Maitree ExpressReggae and ska’s association with trains tracks back to its very roots, that beguiling chugging offbeat replicates engine noise, ergo subject matter and band names … Continue reading “Song of the Day 26: The Maitree Express”